Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > BNR Turbos

BNR Turbos www.bnrturbos.com (AL) Custom and rebuilt turbochargers

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
RICE RACING
Don Mega

RICE RACING will become famous soon enough

VBOX em boys, send me the file, and I will run a rwhp/rwkw power channel and tell you what grunt it has, and we can compare the times (and add them to the list!) to ones in the FAST FD thread
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
RICE RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
RICE RACING
Don Mega

With 470rwhp you have to be quicker than a Ferrari F40, which I have personally VBOX tested and corner weight tested too

We have a car with ~470rwhp on a mustang dyno with single in there SMG944? who is quicker than a F40 100kmh to 200kmh
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
ball joint
The Newbie

ball joint is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver216 View Post
Grats man!!!!... is it going to be at the B3R dyno day?
Yeah, I plan to run it at their dyno day.
ball joint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #19
JhnRX7
Rotary Fanatic

JhnRX7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
In that case.... go for it! Personally I got tired of replacing cartridges 2-4 times a year so I gave up with the twin idea... on the stock mani
THIS! Im about to jump ship from the twins myself... Just lost another cartridge and I have not even done a track day yet this season. I had the twins on and off about 8 times last year (for various reasons), not sure if I can bring myself to do it again.

Quote:
THAT..... although... I've been "street tuning" my car for years now... there are certain places you cannot get to on a dyno, and certain places you can't get to on the street....
I have completely tuned my car on the street, however I REALLY want to get onto a load dyno to do some steady state tuning. BTW, my ECU setup has changed a bit since we last spoke.

Quote:
John, you and Dan have a VBox correct? That's not the box I used @ Lightning that day is it?
Correct, and it is the same one you used. We have a Racelogic Performance Box. It is made by the same company as the V-Box, but is less expensive than a full blown V-Box. Great for track days and acceleration tests.
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en/our-products

As another option, you could get the GPS unit for your AIM dash and it will accomplish the same thing. However you cant transfer that between cars.
JhnRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
RICE RACING
Don Mega

It brings back many memories for me, but I just want to stab some cuuunt really. The twins are the worst of both worlds, poor reliability and crap power band LOL.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #21
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhnRX7 View Post
THIS! Im about to jump ship from the twins myself... Just lost another cartridge and I have not even done a track day yet this season. I had the twins on and off about 8 times last year (for various reasons), not sure if I can bring myself to do it again.
I still need to get my twins to Bryan for a rebuild under warranty....

Quote:
I have completely tuned my car on the street, however I REALLY want to get onto a load dyno to do some steady state tuning. BTW, my ECU setup has changed a bit since we last spoke.
We should chat... are you back in PA John?

Quote:
Correct, and it is the same one you used. We have a Racelogic Performance Box. It is made by the same company as the V-Box, but is less expensive than a full blown V-Box. Great for track days and acceleration tests.
http://www.racelogic.co.uk/index.php/en/our-products

As another option, you could get the GPS unit for your AIM dash and it will accomplish the same thing. However you cant transfer that between cars.
I've thought about that as well... I need to talk to AIM about a few other things as well.... Peter, would you be able to make the same calculations using the AIM data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICE RACING View Post
It brings back many memories for me, but I just want to stab some cuuunt really. The twins are the worst of both worlds, poor reliability and crap power band LOL.
Well.... 20 years ago....

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
RICE RACING
Don Mega

So far as a power calculation no, I wont release my formula to people but I am happy to run a maths channel on VBOX .vbo or .dbn (perf box) files, these cheaper ones are inexpensive really and are the testing standard ........... everyone should own one

Never any dispute with information you record off one of these instruments.

Some of the other vendors equivalent 10hz GPS add on's are a joke when you look at the update rate and quality of speed trace they give, I would not trust them personally.

The VBOX (Performance box branded) ghetto units I have tested parallel to my old VBOX III and also my new VBOX 3i and they are bang on .......... it's what you want mate.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Thanks Peter..... So I guess the question to John is, does your unit output that type of file?

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #24
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Quote:
Thanks Peter..... So I guess the question to John is, does your unit output that type of file?
Yes it will, I have done many calcs for people with perf box units (.dbn) and people with vbox units (.vbo)

smg944 has a perf box or drift box cant remember and I ran his files as above.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #25
JhnRX7
Rotary Fanatic

JhnRX7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Performance box outputs .dbn files as Peter mentioned. I have already sent Peter one file to add to his list (Dan's car). I have been meaning to test my car, but never remember to stick the box in the car unless its a track day.

Actually, now that I think about it some of my track day files might have acceptable data to grab acceleration runs from. I will have to dig.
JhnRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
ball joint
The Newbie

Rice, what is your opinion on the VBOX mini? Not looking to break the bank here but I definitely need to buy one of these for future tuning purposes.

Also Rice, what is your opinion on my wastegate mod? It seems to work great at holding the boost but I just wanted your opinion in case I overlooked something.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
RICE RACING
Don Mega

Quote:
Originally Posted by ball joint View Post
Rice, what is your opinion on the VBOX mini? Not looking to break the bank here but I definitely need to buy one of these for future tuning purposes.

Also Rice, what is your opinion on my wastegate mod? It seems to work great at holding the boost but I just wanted your opinion in case I overlooked something.
I started out with a vbox mini, it is a great unit, I combine it with a mim01 (mini input module) to log variables on various test cars.

I just bought the same set up for the institute where I teach, it was around $3250 or so (will take a photo next week of the set up @ work) the only real difference to the performance box drift box option and micro input module, is you can input in EGT probes, more channels and the use of VBOX tools software (if you seriously test etc) and the mim01 is a quality unit that you can use with any other VBOX product later on if you upgrade.

Race logic make a tonne of stuff, but the beauty of the vbox mini and lower spec derivatives is they are self contained, robust designs, they can be transferred between cars, and see the results instantly etc, great for impromptu highway drags or track tests etc etc.

We use ours for brake testing, power testing, data logging, circuit testing predictive lap timing etc.... it is real handy and real easy to use.

Your WG mods look good to me
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
RICE RACING
Don Mega

http://www.velocitybox.co.uk/index.p...vbox-mini.html

^ No more need for a drag track
No more need for a dyno either

hell do not even need integrated logging! (this is how I tuned the ND4SPD Capella on my web site with this instrument and my Autronic B Model AFR meter, on garbage ghetto microwreck ECU lol. Note how flat the AFR curve is on the dyno at Summernats dyno competition when it went there to this day no one has ever made so much power consistently on a true street car that runs on proper common fuel *and it was never tuned for 'power' on a dyno just road tuning on the VBOX*
All with the power of VBOX mini. You will see stacks of info on my web page on the water injection page with a VBOX min data log of that car.

It's a top little unit.... highly recommend it.
For tuning I have a quick simple harness where you can back probe certain signals, fit up your own map sensor or various sensors and away you go, it is very simple and quite quick once you get your set up sorted.. I've done hundreds of cars this way and the beauty of the VBOX Tools system is I have them ALL on file and ALL are comparable to each other, so endless reports and analysis can be done across set ups..... and this is half the battle when you are doing allot of this.

What I love about my VBOX system more than any dyno is I have the dyno part (arguable more realistic than any dyno system in terms of figures it gives!) but I also have the performance figures, which customers love to see! as I say in my web page, its no good having one which does not correlate to the other!!! you always hear the excuse of 'dyno is just a tuning tool' when the reality does not match the theory....... with a VBOX both match! it is the best system around.

At the end of the day its just a good simple modern electronic version of what I was doing 20 years ago when my eng lecturer told me how to test cars using physics, and is exactly the same as what Author Hugh McInnes talks about in the famous iconic book called "How to select and Install TURBOCHARGERS" from the 1970's (the original and still the best text). I used to do all of this shit by hand, now with the VBOX It's automated and superbly accurate and repeatable and fully automated.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration

Last edited by RICE RACING; 05-17-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
RICE RACING
Don Mega

This is example of how a honest 570bhp (my estimate) ~350rwkw or 470rwhp (as I measure it!) 1300kg as run FD3S accelerates. In the meat of its power band 90kmh to 140kmh 3rd gear test.
.......... what pays to be noted is if you look in the FAST FD thread and take note of other cars tested where I have checked actual mass of the vehicle (as tested) and honest manufactures engine outputs, you will find amazing correlation to actual vehicle performance. All of this goes a long way to legitimizing the 'performance industry' and getting rid of the Supra 1000rwhp runs 11's mentality or dyno queen BS figures that get bandied about LOL..... sadly on most sites and establishments hype sells #1 and not many people use facts and basic maths, but times are changing slowly ....... very slowly and you can see it in peoples opinions towards dyno sheets of the plethora of different dyno systems around. Lets forget dubious operators or lack of calibrations/maintenance etc etc etc

BTW: These figures are off RICESP fitted with a T04Z turbo, normal petrol and water injected

See the power of VBOX reporting to break down and average power and acceleration associated at any speed points you wish to assess.
Coil on Plug
Water Injection
ECU Calibration

Last edited by RICE RACING; 05-17-2013 at 10:34 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #30
ball joint
The Newbie

thank you very much Rice, great insight the I intend to apply for future builds.

I do have ask one question of you though, why is it that you charge so much for your water injection kits? Wannaspeed has duplicated your system stateside and at a fraction of your price. Why not come out with a system that is competitively priced?

Your name carries a lot of weight and I believe with a more affordable injection setup it could be more mainstream in the states. Would love to hear your opinion on the matter.

thanks again