Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Rotary Events > Past Events

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
85rx-7gsl-se
Mod With The Least :P

85rx-7gsl-se is on a distinguished road

Oh, Pick Me

Though I will probably put mine on the rollers just to see how much she is laying out. Then Bryan will put his FB on the rollers and take away my glory as the highest HP FB

www.tennspeed.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Carlock aka RotoriousRX7
"Rotarys come with built-in traction control, its called no torque"
85rx-7gsl-se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #17
Bryan@BNR
Rotary Fanatic

Bryan@BNR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85rx-7gsl-se View Post
Oh, Pick Me

Though I will probably put mine on the rollers just to see how much she is laying out. Then Bryan will put his FB on the rollers and take away my glory as the highest HP FB

HAHA! I am not trying for the highest HP anything. I just like a turn key fun car to drive....

Bryan

Last edited by Bryan@BNR; 03-04-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Bryan@BNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #18
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Signed up! So, who else is coming??

Also, RCCDigizine will be doing a 3-4 page feature for this event!... Maybe 5-6 pages!

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #19
sk8world
600rwhp club member.

sk8world is on a distinguished road

I am 100% in either way. I should have mine fired up this week. If all is well I will have time to get it tuned for this year and get a few pratice runs in.... Funny, I was on the dyno the day before tuning last year also.. LOL
sk8world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #20
SPICcnmFD
Rotary Fanatic

SPICcnmFD is on a distinguished road

I'm signed up as of this morning. Got to defend the road course title for the rotaries.
1993 Rx-7 SM2 #11
At the local AutoX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VOSQkkSLQs
Speed for Sale shootout 2007:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiqlyAkGmpg
A few laps at Barbers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5q...x=0&playnext=1
SPICcnmFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #21
ZGN
I fly drones & film crap.

ZGN is on a distinguished road

lol I have been watching your videos and learning how to defeat you
ZGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #22
SPICcnmFD
Rotary Fanatic

SPICcnmFD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGN View Post
lol I have been watching your videos and learning how to defeat you
Ha ha. At least a rotary will win!! Because I'm pretty sure we won't win the drag.
1993 Rx-7 SM2 #11
At the local AutoX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VOSQkkSLQs
Speed for Sale shootout 2007:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiqlyAkGmpg
A few laps at Barbers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_h5q...x=0&playnext=1
SPICcnmFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM   #23
Herblenny

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPICcnmFD View Post
I'm signed up as of this morning. Got to defend the road course title for the rotaries.
Chris, you need to beat the GTR If you do, i'm sure our car value will go up

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B

Old 09-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #24
sk8world
600rwhp club member.

sk8world is on a distinguished road

I dunno, with Ernie T. coming we have a chance if he has it dialed in. I think a 9.5-9.7 should do it. Now if they make the classes right and make cars have the correct safety mods like cages, loops and such that would bump a few quick supras.. But that may be bad for the event, trying to grow it and all.
sk8world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #25
Herblenny

How is your car coming along Mike??

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B

Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #26
JeremyBlackwell
The Newbie

JeremyBlackwell is on a distinguished road

**2008 "SpeedForSale Shootout" & "GT-R Nationals" Events**
October 24-25, 2008 in the Talladega, Alabama area

Spectators welcome!

While this event is centered around the Supra, GT-R, Z, and RX7, we will also allow ANY car model to run at the road course, drag strip, and dyno as space and time permits. Regardless of what car you bring, EVERYONE and ANYONE is welcome to attend to watch the events and hang out!

These two events will be held simultaneously, with all cars together at the various events. The 'GT-R Nationals' event (sponsored by www.NissanGTRclub.com) will feature Nissan GT-R cars, and the 'SpeedForSale Shootout' will involve all Supra, RX-7, and 300ZX cars. There will be ~$2000 in cash payouts, with event payout break-downs coming soon. The events will consist of a road course time attack AND driving instruction event on Friday. Saturday consists of a quarter-mile drag strip (heads-up and test-n-tune) with a mobile dyno and car show in the parking area. The cars that enter the cash payout events must meet certain criteria to be considered 'STREET' cars (no solid rear axles, tubs, major frame/structure modifications, and more restrictions available via email.) The hotel is centrally located about 20 minutes from the road course and 45 minutes from the drag strip just off of I-20 (1.5 hour west of Atlanta.)

Friday, Oct. 24, 7:00am - 6:00pm CENTRAL time. Talladega Gran Prix Raceway: We have once again rented the road course 'Little Talladega' (www.TGPrace.com), but this time we have paid full insurance for a TIME ATTACK / RACE event! However, most of the day will be a road course driver's education event with everyone getting a FREE experienced instructor to ride along with them all day. ALL 40 SPOTS FOR THE ROAD COURSE WERE BOOKED ABOUT SIX WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT! BE SURE TO REGISTER EARLY NEXT YEAR IF YOU WANT TO RUN! The road course spots were only $99/car for Nissan GT-R, $150/car for Supra, RX7, 300ZX, and $175/car for all other models...New for this year's event we have hired an outsourced company for the three flagmen and pit-out marshal. One of our previous experienced class room instructors is handling the driver's education class room instruction so we (Chinchi/Corey/David/Jared/Jeremy/Nikki) can focus on other areas of the event.

Registration details and the event waiver/information packet will be posted by the end of March. A concession stand will be set up at the track, along with an one hour lunch break for all of us at the road course. When you register, you must fill out the fields for your full name, address, cell phone number, email, car year/make/model, how many times you've ran the new TGPR track, and how many total road course events you have completed. No refunds will be given within 30 days of the event date, however you can sell your spot to someone else. Also, with the insurance we have purchased we will be doing 'officially' timed laps, and will do so for the last few hours of the day in a controlled environment for selected GTR/Supra/RX7/300ZX cars. Please specify if you want to be on 'the list' of potential cars invited to join the time attack. However, please realize that not everyone who requests to run the time attack will be able to run, as we will be on a tight scedule! We will determine who is invited to participate based on the driver's skill level and car potential, among other criteria. Last year's winner was Chris in the red RX7! Each car in the TIME ATTACK / RACE event will have 3 individual lap sessions (warm up lap and 2 timed laps), and the top 3 fastest times win a cash prize. SOLO RUNS ONLY! Safe competition is our goal, not door-banging! An ambulance with 2 paramedics will obviously be on hand the entire day.

Saturday, Oct. 25, 9:30am - 3:00pm CENTRAL time. Alabama International Dragway: The quarter-mile drag races (heads up & test-n-tune), mobile dyno, and car show events will be held at www.AlabamaInternationalDragway.com. The drag strip admission is $15/person and anyone can race for FREE, with a mobile dyno ($50/car) and car show (FREE) in the parking area! Also, there will be a $50 raffle ticket for every GT-R and Supra/RX7/300ZX in attendance (even if you don't participate in and event!)

We will offer CASH prizes for the best respective GT-R/Supra/RX7/300ZX in these areas:
- Top 3 quickest 1/4 mile times (last year's winner: Supra 6-speed 9.80@150mph)
- Top 3 fastest 1/4 mile MPHs
- Top 3 highest horsepower cars on the dyno (last year's winner: Supra 942rwhp)
- Top 3 cleanest / best put together cars in the car show
- $50 raffle ticket given to EVERY GT-R/Supra/RX7/300ZXthat comes through the gate at the dragstrip, even if you don't participate!

The hotel is a nice new Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites ($85/night) that is about 1.5 hour west of downtown Atlanta in Pell City, Alabama off I-20. We have the hotel spots arriving Thursday, October 23, and checking out Saturday, October 25 (however room rates are good through Sunday, October 26 for those of you who do not want to drive after being at the strip.)
Here are pictures of the hotel and info:
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/.../PLRAL/welcome
To reserve your room, call 205-884-0047 and tell them you are with the 'GT-R' or 'Speed For Sale' event in October.
YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR ROOM BEFORE OCTOBER 3 TO GET THE $85/NIGHT DISCOUNT, OTHERWISE IT'S $109/NIGHT!

If you have any questions, please email me at Blackwell@SpeedForSale.com or call us at 770-777-4774. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
*Sports car parts, sales, service, and tuning*

Founder,
www.300zxClub.com
&
www.NissanGTRclub.com
JeremyBlackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #27
PortedRotorTuner
レーサー

PortedRotorTuner is on a distinguished road

So who had fastest track time? Is there a site to look at any of this info?

Disregard I found it. Thanks...

NASA Great Lakes Region
TTD #53 Rx7

Last edited by PortedRotorTuner; 10-30-2008 at 06:52 PM..
PortedRotorTuner is offline   Reply With Quote