Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #16
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

Buggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweiss3 View Post
That is an awesome find. And the fact that you are getting some great use out of it is even better.
I believe that just owning something to look at it is pointless. If I can't play with it and use it why have it!

Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

Time to bring this thread back to life! I basically had no time this summer to work on anything, but now that the snow is here it's time to get back at the envinrude. I got it all back together yet last winter after I broke the drive sprockets and used it a bit more. I still had problems with it wanting to die on me though once it got warm. I pulled the engine out of it just last week and tore it down to the bare keg and checked it for vacuum leaks. The only thing I found was the carb is leaking pretty bad around the throttle shafts. I did reseal a few things and tightened up the through bolts on the engine just to be sure before I put it all back together. I put fresh fuel in it and charged the battery. It fired right up and ran like a champ! For about 5 minutes... It runs for a bit perfectly and then just like you turned off the key it dies and won't even attempt to restart. I'm thinking it's an ignition issue and hope I have time soon to look at it. Could also be low on compression so I may have to make an adaptor for the 12mm spark plug hole and test it. I also know of another one for sale locally that I may go pick up. Can never have too many parts lol!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

I went out and worked on the sled again. I fired it up with my spark tester hooked up and ran it until it died. I still had spark and lots of fuel supply so that only left one thing, compression! I wasted no time collecting all of my spare engine parts and I removed the engine from the sled again. I took the engine apart and found 2 corner seals were broken, the side plate was badly worn from the broken corner seals, and the housing had a nasty chunk out of the inside by the spark plug. No wonder it ran like crap! Luckily I had spare parts to replace all of those things so I did a quick rebuild. I also drilled the spark plug hole out to accept a 14mm spark plug instead of the obsolete 12mm stock plugs. I then put it all back together and tried it again. It ran much better than before, but still not 100%. It wouldn't idle for me and it wanted to cut out randomly on me. I decided to rebuild my other spare carburetor. The spare carb was pretty ugly so I figured it would be pretty untouched and original compared to my other carb. After some cleaning and a good soak in cleaner it was good to go! I put that carb on today and finally it runs good! Idles away very nice, just needs some fine tuning and a better battery.
rc1.jpgrc2.jpgrc3.jpgrc4.jpgrc5.jpg
Old 12-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Buggy
I've been Wankeled!

rc6.jpgrc7.jpg
Old 12-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
casual_john
Dover White GXL

casual_john is on a distinguished road

Congrats! I bet you are one of very few who have rebuilt a rotary snowmobile.
casual_john is offline   Reply With Quote