Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Drifting

Drifting All things sideways

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #166
RotorDad
Big Ugly

RotorDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXheaven View Post
Well i guess this is where i need to be on this issue. Ive read thru this thread now, and all i see is the same stuff. it doesnt hurt my feelings any that people here dont like how my "wheels fit" or how my "tires dont fit". since ive had my wheels/fenders done, i get like 3 thumbs up a day. from all different kinds of people. so, i must be doing something right. yea i have to swerve pot holes? i dont care, its about a passion. you guys who dont like this have your style, and we have ours. so be it. its how cars and the car scene is always gonna be. so....feel free to rag on my car if you'd like. it wont be the first time ive heard it lol
Many times over I have stated do what you want to your own car on forums. It's not my place to tell someone how to build their shit.

I will say this though, the thumbs up part of your post did make me laugh. The guy down the street used to get a lot of props for his POS Civic, but that doesn't mean he was doing it right. It was a gutted out tin can that sat on the ground & bounced all over the damn road. Not to mention he couldn't even get into most parking lots or go over speed bumps. Now That's not to say anything about your car, just an example. BTW I never get thumbs up or looks of approval & that is the way I like it.

I will not rag on your car it looks pretty clean.

2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - Eagle, Wiseco, Cobb, ect.
RotorDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #167
RXheaven
The Newbie

RXheaven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorDad View Post
Many times over I have stated do what you want to your own car on forums. It's not my place to tell someone how to build their shit.

I will say this though, the thumbs up part of your post did make me laugh. The guy down the street used to get a lot of props for his POS Civic, but that doesn't mean he was doing it right. It was a gutted out tin can that sat on the ground & bounced all over the damn road. Not to mention he couldn't even get into most parking lots or go over speed bumps. Now That's not to say anything about your car, just an example. BTW I never get thumbs up or looks of approval & that is the way I like it.

I will not rag on your car it looks pretty clean.
well thank you
RXheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #168
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

On that note..... I was leaving the shop one night in my FC with the trailer in tow... I happened upon some complete piece of shit white del sol that had harware store letters on the back that read, "run your car, not your mouth" I BUSTED out laughing. I pulled up next to him, gave him the thumbs up, then ran him... I pulled away from him towing a trailer.

When I give people thumbs up, its generally to mock them.

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #169
RotorDad
Big Ugly

RotorDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
On that note..... I was leaving the shop one night in my FC with the trailer in tow... I happened upon some complete piece of shit white del sol that had harware store letters on the back that read, "run your car, not your mouth" I BUSTED out laughing. I pulled up next to him, gave him the thumbs up, then ran him... I pulled away from him towing a trailer.

When I give people thumbs up, its generally to mock them.
Now that's funny!

See guys like that do serve a purpose, making us laugh.
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - Eagle, Wiseco, Cobb, ect.
RotorDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #170
circuit theory
Rotary Fan in Training

circuit theory is on a distinguished road

Wow I am astounded that you guys have 169 posts/ 9 pages fighting over stretched tires.

Grip = More tire on the road is better so running a stretched tire is handicapping yourself.

Drift = no performance gain from stretched tires, however most drifting is done by people with limited funds. Limited funds means you use what ever wheels you have and get what ever tires you have to fit so you can burn through them. I was told this was where the stretched tire look came from and then later VIP car guys saw it as a way to slam their cars even more with out rubbing. It is now a phenom for those possessing JDM tightness(oh yeah and those vw kids as well.)

The stretch phenom is to real performance enthusiasts the same as dayton wheels were to classic car enthusiasts. Although ugly and although engineering facepalms, if the right person thinks they are cool or look good then many many will jump on the bandwagon.

Here is all of the facts, statistics, and resources to back it up.
www.suckit.com

Wise One Summer Sale
http://www.rotarycarclub.com/rotary_...ead.php?t=2475
circuit theory is offline   Reply With Quote