Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #151
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how to embed videos from Google Photos. Does this link work: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...I3akVubllYdE1R?

Sorry for the noise. The fan had just kicked on. It's idling around 1000 RPM. Anything less and it gets a little rough/unstable. It's quieter than I expected, but I haven't taken it much over 3500 RPM or about 10% throttle. Tuning is turning out to be difficult. No-load idle is pretty much sorted out to 4000 RPM. Tuning under load on the road is painful. Going from no load to load is requiring a massive increase in fuel due to the large changes in incoming air volume associated with small throttle movements. I assume this is handled by transient throttle adjustments but I read not to mess with that until the base fuel map is sorted. This would be much easier on a dyno. Any advice is welcome!

infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #152
project86
Can't.Make.Up.My.Mind.

project86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernosg View Post
I'm not sure how to embed videos from Google Photos. Does this link work: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...I3akVubllYdE1R?

Sorry for the noise. The fan had just kicked on. It's idling around 1000 RPM. Anything less and it gets a little rough/unstable. It's quieter than I expected, but I haven't taken it much over 3500 RPM or about 10% throttle. Tuning is turning out to be difficult. No-load idle is pretty much sorted out to 4000 RPM. Tuning under load on the road is painful. Going from no load to load is requiring a massive increase in fuel due to the large changes in incoming air volume associated with small throttle movements. I assume this is handled by transient throttle adjustments but I read not to mess with that until the base fuel map is sorted. This would be much easier on a dyno. Any advice is welcome!
This is super exciting. But no the link doesn't work.
'10 Toyota Prius

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
project86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #153
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

I can get the car to start, idle, and rev freely up to 4000 RPM. I'm sure it can go higher but I'm hesitant with the engine not broken in. Transient throttle situations and anything with more than 10% load is causing lean situations that cause the car to die. I literally can't drive it out of my driveway at this point, which is beyond frustrating. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm dead in the water until I can find some assistance because this is beyond me.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #154
project86
Can't.Make.Up.My.Mind.

project86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can get the car to start, idle, and rev freely up to 4000 RPM. I'm sure it can go higher but I'm hesitant with the engine not broken in. Transient throttle situations and anything with more than 10% load is causing lean situations that cause the car to die. I literally can't drive it out of my driveway at this point, which is beyond frustrating. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm dead in the water until I can find some assistance because this is beyond me.
How experienced are you with tuning? That is something that I have always wanted to know more about but I haven't been willing to dedicate the time to it. That's really the most intimidating thing to me about starting from scratch.
'10 Toyota Prius

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
project86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #155
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
How experienced are you with tuning? That is something that I have always wanted to know more about but I haven't been willing to dedicate the time to it. That's really the most intimidating thing to me about starting from scratch.
Not very. Most of my experience is with piggy-back units in piston-engined cars. Just altering fuel and timing to improve power at partial and wide-open throttle. I don't have any experience starting from scratch. I've relied heavily on Chris at Ludwig Motorsports and Brian (TitaniumTT) just to get where I am now.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #156
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

New kid takes time away from working on the car. I managed to get a couple things done this week while off of work:

-Changed oil and filter. Went with 10W40 weight this time and I'm still seeing 40+ psi of oil pressure at idle.
-Moved my vacuum manifold to the top of the intake manifold. The previous location allowed residual premix to pool in the vacuum manifold.
-Added a 1 bar MAP sensor to give me the option to tune with speed-density.
-Added 6 more oz of premix to bring the ration closer to 1.5 oz to 1 gal fuel during break-in.

The last one really messed with my tune, I think. What worked before was now running very lean so I had to add a bunch of fuel back. I've got it running again but I haven't got it out on the road yet. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

I've also ordered a FFE primary fuel rail and two ID725 injectors. I think relying on two ID1000 injectors in what are essentially secondary injector positions is going to prevent the car from running smoothly. Hopefully running smaller injectors in the stock primary location will smooth out idle and part throttle conditions. Vacuum sits around -6 psi at idle but peaks around -10 psi revving the engine in neutral below 3000 RPM. Hopefully this is enough to use speed-density tuning.

Lastly, and not sure if this'll work, but here are the latest pictures:

Last edited by infernosg; 09-18-2017 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #157
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

FC Zach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lastly, and not sure if this'll work, but here are the latest pictures:
They don't show. . on my phone at least.
1979 Yamaha G1, KM24 powered
1975 Dolmar KMS4
FC Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #158
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Zach View Post
They don't show. . on my phone at least.
Trying something new. Maybe this worked.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #159
RETed
RCC Addict

RETed will become famous soon enough

TinyURL redirect to Google Photos?
It looks like your Google Photos account isn't set to public viewing...

-Ted
http://fc3spro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
because you're only as good as your backup
RETed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #160
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETed View Post
TinyURL redirect to Google Photos?
It looks like your Google Photos account isn't set to public viewing...

-Ted
Tried Google's own url-shortener this time. The issue is the album IS set up for sharing but Google has apparently done-away with the ability to embed images. They would rather the system only work through links and invites. It seems like whatever work-around I find is only temporarily. For example, I tried TinyURL over the weekend and I was able to view the pictures when viewing this site incognito. I checked again this morning and they were "x's." Even the album link: https://goo.gl/photos/6cLWLXYDxTRiWYtG6 doesn't work for everyone.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #161
t_g_farrell
Waffles - hmmm good

t_g_farrell is on a distinguished road

Google has really made it hard to link to photo on their site. First the removed
the image extension (.jpeg, ,gif etc) so sites like this would automatically imbed
them as images. The they did more stuff with the urls that prevents them
from being used reliably as you have found. I'm ready to move all my pics
somewhere else at this point. The only problem is how to update all the threads
from the past if you move and delete or do you just leave the existing.

Anyway, fuck google!

Project Fat Nikki Budget 12A rebuild Video setup < $30.00
t_g_farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #162
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

I use Flickr, no complaints there.
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #163
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_g_farrell View Post
Google has really made it hard to link to photo on their site. First the removed
the image extension (.jpeg, ,gif etc) so sites like this would automatically imbed
them as images. The they did more stuff with the urls that prevents them
from being used reliably as you have found. I'm ready to move all my pics
somewhere else at this point. The only problem is how to update all the threads
from the past if you move and delete or do you just leave the existing.

Anyway, fuck google!
Yep, that's pretty much the conclusion I've drawn. The only convenient thing about Google photos is I have it set to automatically sync with my phone. So any pictures I take with my phone are automatically added to Google Photos and all I need to do is arrange them into albums. This is the only benefit over Picasa, which is what I originally used.

Do any of the other image hosting sites allow bulk uploading? Google Photos allows you to bulk download, so transferring pictures to be embedded online wouldn't be too difficult. The main issue I see is lack of available storage. That's another benefit of Google...

Regarding the car... I managed to put a whopping 7 miles on it last night. That doesn't sound like much but it's the most I've actually driven it to date. Even got it up to 50 mph and through all 5 gears. It needs an alignment badly. Part throttle acceleration is good, cruise is okay, transient throttle, coming to stop and starting from a stop needs help. It'll stall if I close the throttle and disengage the clutch too quickly when coming to a stop. For whatever reason it goes super lean when starting from a stop.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #164
FC Zach
RCC Loves Me Not You

Quote:
Do any of the other image hosting sites allow bulk uploading?
Flickr. .
1975 Dolmar KMS4
Old 09-24-2017, 10:57 AM   #165
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

So I created a Youtube channel to embed videos, but apparently this site doesn't allow that either. Best I can do is share links:

Car idling:

20 minute drive:

Last edited by infernosg; 09-24-2017 at 11:10 AM..