Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Motorsports and Events > Rotary Events > Past Events > Speed For Sale Shootout Oct. 24th 2009

Speed For Sale Shootout Oct. 24th 2009 Saturday, October 24 (7am - 5pm) will be the date for our open track day HPDE event at Talladega GPR. We will have instructors on hand to help beginner drivers on a first come, first served basis. The driver's fee will be $150, which will be paid at the gate. Also, we will have a car show in the parking area. General admission for the car show and to spectate the road course event is $5 per person. The concession stand food and drinks (water, Gatorade, many colas, etc) are good, and the prices are very low compared to most other venues. There are only 40 spots available, so book quickly if you want to join us!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
ZGN
I fly drones & film crap.

ZGN is on a distinguished road
Default SpeedForSale Shootout TGPR October 24th, 2009

__________________________________________________ _________
OCTOBER 24, 2009:
SpeedForSale Shootout
*Please note that this year we will only have the Talladega GPR road course event and car show, and we WILL NOT be having a drag strip or dyno event due to conflicting schedules. Due to this gathering being short notice, it will be loosely organized and there will be no prizes for the road course or car show. We are working with TGPR to fill their open track day, and working in cooperation with them to potentially hold road course events multiple times next year. We will continue our normal 'Supra Shootout' event schedule next year, with plenty of prizes and raffles!*

Saturday, October 24 (7am - 5pm) will be the date for our open track day HPDE event at Talladega GPR. We will have instructors on hand to help beginner drivers on a first come, first served basis. The driver's fee will be $150, which will be paid at the gate. Also, we will have a car show in the parking area. General admission for the car show and to spectate the road course event is $5 per person. The concession stand food and drinks (water, Gatorade, many colas, etc) are good, and the prices are very low compared to most other venues. There are only 40 spots available, so book quickly if you want to join us!

You can register for this event BY CLICKING HERE, and please note the $150 driver's fee will be paid at the gate the day of the event. Make sure to print and complete the tech inspection form as well and bring it to the event with you. Here is the itinerary for the day:
*TRACK DAY ITINERARY COMING ASAP!*

HOTEL INFORMATION:
The hotel that will be accomodating this event will be the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anniston Oxford, which is immediately off Interstate 20 at Exit 188. The rate will be $79 per night. YOU CANNOT BOOK YOUR ROOM ONLINE, you MUST call the hotel at 256-831-1921 and mention you are with the SpeedForSale group to receive the rate.
Here is the website of the hotel, which will show you exact directions and information:
Here are the DIRECTIONS FROM THE HOTEL TO THE TRACK.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
ZGN

Anyone going to make it to this event?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Herblenny
Founder/Administrator/Internet Pitbull :)

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about it.. But I just sprained my ankle really bad and not sure... I can't heal toe

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B
www.DealsGapRotaryRally.com

http://www.facebook.com/Herblenny
Herblenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
ZGN

do you know of any rotaries attending?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
Herblenny

Herblenny will become famous soon enoughHerblenny will become famous soon enough

Far as I know.. No rotaries have signed on.

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B

Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
ZGN

then I'll be in NC. your more than welcome to ride up with me but I plan on staying more than 1 day.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
Herblenny

I can't stay more than a day.. I would love to go though..

DGRR 2013 - Year of 13B