Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Tires,Wheels,Suspension,Brakes

Tires,Wheels,Suspension,Brakes Info about Tires, Wheels, Suspensions, Brakes, etc.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
3tegStrong
XRANNIE

3tegStrong is on a distinguished road
Default how big can i go?

hi guys-n-gals.
the fd has original factory stock springs/suspension/wheels and tires
no desire to mod it right now= wanting to buy wheel/tire set- no local place that i know of to go shop/look/compare-(anyone know an actual walk-in wheel store- or rotary shop w/wheel selection- near nashville=DO TELL! PLEASE!)
also, i'm kinda doing it backwards, looking at pics and bothering sellers before knowing what to ask for, i know this is annoyoing to the sellers !!!!!-

he wants to go bigger-like 17x8 front and 17x10 rear- .i found some 17" oz wheels with 35mm offset-have no clue if that'll do- realized how ignorant i am about this-

it's a low mile fd, he doesn't want to roll the fenders- (whatever he adds/installs, must be able to be removed to put it back stock ) so.. any of you great rotary experts know the answer- with stock suspension/brakes on 1994 mazda rx7,- what size offset/wheel/tire can i go to without rolling and without rubbing the fenders? not a drifter/streetracer-he does love interstate roll-ons though ) just wants to make it this spring's daily driver-

thanks- i did search first, tried asking this at the old club too- everyone hated on xrannie.

GO NAVY..Thanks to All who've served!!!!
http://www.theautolog.com/3tegstrong-1
3tegStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
bop_rocco
Rotary Fanatic

bop_rocco is on a distinguished road

im not a expert here but i know a little because i just went thru searching for wheels myself. so i say if you go 17's then go for 5zigen FN01R-C or ENKEI RPF1's. they are about the lightest most reasonable priced wheels out there. as far as offsets/widths that all depends on tire size you want to run and all that. but here is the tire wheel sizing guide off the other site. so if a moderater wants to start a sticky on this it would be good
Attached Files
File Type: zip FD Wheel and Tire Sizing.zip (10.5 KB, 11 views)

PwrFC, Twins @ 14lbs, 1300 sec w/supra pump,
smic w/ pettit intake, M2 cf intake, 3in downp-mid w/ Carbon Ti,
mazda perf radiator, dvd/tv, mazdaspeed cf lip and cf feed sides, SSR sp1's 18-9's and 10's - 255-275

re-a diffuser, and 99front and wing soon.
bop_rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
3tegStrong
XRANNIE

3tegStrong is on a distinguished road
Default Big Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bop_rocco View Post
im not a expert here but i know a little because i just went thru searching for wheels myself. so i say if you go 17's then go for 5zigen FN01R-C or ENKEI RPF1's. they are about the lightest most reasonable priced wheels out there. as far as offsets/widths that all depends on tire size you want to run and all that. but here is the tire wheel sizing guide off the other site. so if a moderater wants to start a sticky on this it would be good
now that's what i'm talking about!! i ask for help- and get it--
yea!
thanks a bunch- there is a lot more to consider compared to my DA(acura) when picking wheels! it sure ain't as simple as i thought it would be- but it's gonna be worth the trouble and waiting.......

GO NAVY..Thanks to All who've served!!!!
http://www.theautolog.com/3tegstrong-1
3tegStrong is offline   Reply With Quote