Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > Group Buys

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

N3philum is on a distinguished road
Default "Turbo Jeff" Style Batt. Tray

I am not sure the rules on posting group buys so please let me know if anything is out of line etc. Anyway.

I had a guy local to me (Japan) build a batt box for my PC680 that I will be relocating to the rear bins and installing in my car. The box is made out of stainless steel with a latch across the top as a batt tie down. The latch is secured by 2 screws; one on either side. It is nice and snug and very well constructed.

I have talked with the maker and he would be willing to produce a mass order of these trays if the interest is there. I have not secured a final price as that would depend on the total number of purchases but I should have a good idea by Friday afternoon (my time) and would be able to update this shortly after.

I will be getting pictures tonight and will post them here so you all can get an idea of what the box looks like. If this works out, it may be an ongoing thing that I can coordinate with the builder to provide these batt boxes at a reasonable price.

I will not be pursuing any sort of polishing, but powder coating may be available depending on the interest. I it would add some time to the turn around of the product, but would ensure that the box looks awesome. I also have a contact for laser etching and can get that done as well.

Again, let me know if there is any interest in this and what specifically you are interested in. (Box, Powder coat, laser etching etc.)

N3ph.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

Pics

Inside

Outside

Top Latch

Screw Latch Left Side

Screw Latch Right Side

Front

Side

Back

Nice Tight Fit

Link to Full Size Pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n3philu...7620589966314/
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

You need to contact RotaryRessurection and ZGN to open up a vendor account and be able to offer group buys.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
FDSeoul
it's smoking

FDSeoul is on a distinguished road

FYI-- i noticed that the unit is completely sealed and enclosed @ the bottom. you might want to have a vent or have a portion of the bottom open for venting to avoid moisture from collecting.

the original design does not allows any moisture from collecting

HOW does this attach to the bat area????

Best of luck.
Michael-FDSeoul

Last edited by FDSeoul; 06-26-2009 at 06:42 PM..
FDSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
N3philum
Unreliable Like a Rotary

I will be relocating mine to the rear pass. bin, so I will be fabbing up a bracket to attach the box to the chassis. I will be drilling holes in the bottom of the box. However, I didnt even think about moisture collections. Good call.

Phoenix7... Will do.

After talking to the maker today, I think I can have a shipped price at about 125 dollars. I am not sure if this is any savings over the boxes available... I just thought I would see if anyone would be interested.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
AzEKnightz
ZooM ZooM!!

AzEKnightz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3philum View Post
I will be relocating mine to the rear pass. bin, so I will be fabbing up a bracket to attach the box to the chassis. I will be drilling holes in the bottom of the box. However, I didnt even think about moisture collections. Good call.

Phoenix7... Will do.

After talking to the maker today, I think I can have a shipped price at about 125 dollars. I am not sure if this is any savings over the boxes available... I just thought I would see if anyone would be interested.

Any chance you can have one fab up for a red top optima battery? I am not a big fan of the small battery because they tend to NOT start the car after a year or two... Let me know. I am interested.

-AzEKnightz
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote