Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Densetsu Motorsports LLC

Densetsu Motorsports LLC www.dm-spec.com (AZ) High quality aftermarket performance parts and installation

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #16
DJMOJO
The only DJ in RCC

DJMOJO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max777 View Post
Have you considered the fact that there will only be an accurate reading in this location when coolant is actually passig directly over it?

Is this not a big issue? Everywhere I could find, most people dont like to put a temp sensor in a location after the thermostat (ie upper radiator hose) because of this.

As far as a purchase goes: Well, i would if I didn't spend $80 on a brand new plastic one from Atkins....
you dont HAVE to use the sensor location, its just there if you want to use it. most of us just want to get rid of the plastic crap waterneck because im sure im not the only one that has had these wear/rot on me. and the bleeder is nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Fed View Post
you should make the first gen rx-7 water necks in aluminum as well.
one is already in development will post pics asap. keep posted.

Last edited by DJMOJO; 04-10-2009 at 01:49 AM..
DJMOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #17
DJMOJO
The only DJ in RCC

UPDATE.

ETA for the S5 water neck is 2 weeks
Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
Whizbang
Respecognize!

Whizbang will become famous soon enough

i will be very pumped for a 12a aluminum one.
Whizbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
fc steve
Rotary Fan in Training

fc steve is on a distinguished road

Hello boys and girls. Im the one makin these and im sorry its been taking so long ive been busy with a race team.

Yes after the t stat is ot the best place for a thermo sensor. But not everyone wants to take out the stock one or remove their water pump housing to install one.

The fb necks will be easy as all sa and fb ones use the same neck. Ill get on those wheni have the first s5 ones out.

The flaring of the tube didnt go as planned so i am using a cone transition to flare it out. I have 2 coming in friday and should have 2 s5 necks for testing this weekend.

Mazdatrix offers a cast aluminum copy of the s5 one that has no bleading provisions for 150$ this one has a 1/2 npt plug to fill and drain thru. shipped price should be in the 100$ range possibly less. The ones that are gonna be out first have a 1/8 npt plug and a 1/2 npt plug on the top.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me directly and i will respond as soon as i get it.

Last edited by fc steve; 04-15-2009 at 02:29 PM..
fc steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
FerociousP
I-had-a-bad-experience...

FerociousP is on a distinguished road

I'd buy one for "less than $100 shipped". I don't want to tap my water pump housing again.

One thing to remember about second gen owners which we're not proud about, is that we want alot of things, but we're cheap... If it's not a smokin deal and too expensive, we CAN'T buy it. FWIW.

With that said, I hope I can buy one from you when they're finished.

'15 Juke Nismo
'06 MX-5 GT SOLD
'04 S Silver RX-8 GT Track Day Use SOLD
'90 Black TII vert w/ Sprint RE stock port/turbo DD dyno (242.6whp@5500rpm @12psi 8psi@redline) and (250ftlbtq@4800rpm @13psi) SOLD
'89 GTUs 6p TII SOLD, '87 sport SOLD, '79 SA stock SOLD
'91 B2600i 4x4 w/ Rx-8 LSD SOLD
FerociousP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
fc steve
Rotary Fan in Training

Im currently a 1st gen owner and i dont have alot of money eiteher. With a stock replacement 70 bucks and the other aluminum copy being 150 i think that the around 100$ shipped price range is not that bad. The les than 100 shipped price was before i had to buy a 15$ reducer for everyone i build.

LIke i said it wouldnt be much over 100 shipped at the worst. And depending on how many i get sold is what sets my mateial pricing which is what sets the final price
Old 04-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #22
Flooder
Rotary Fanatic

Flooder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerociousP View Post
One thing to remember about second gen owners which we're not proud about, is that we want alot of things, but we're cheap... If it's not a smokin deal and too expensive, we CAN'T buy it. FWIW.
Meh, this is an important piece, I would buy it no matter what. But that's just me.
White 1989 GTUs(DEAD)
Red 1988 Turbo II(DD)
Black 1988 Turbo II(SOLD)

Rebuilt and street ported motor, Garrett T04E Turbo, 3" Turbo Inlet Duct/AEM Dry Flow Filter, Your Mom's MBC, Blitz FMIC, 890cc and 1000cc injectors, Tomei FPR, Walbro, Rtek 2.1 ECU, Taurus E-Fan, Turbonetics BOV, 3" Motoria/Corksport Turbo Back Exhaust, Emissions Removed, Greddy Boost Gauge, Megan Racing Water Temp Gauge, 5one5 Triple Gauge Pod, AEM Uego, GP Sports Body Kit, Fiber Images CF Hood, S5 Seats, S5 Tails, S5 Alt, Dual Alt Pulley, D2 Coilovers, NRG Quick Release, Shook Motorsports Radiator, HID's, AN/Steel Braided Oil Cooler Lines, SUPER JDM TYTE DRIFT BUTTON

www.DensetsuMotorsports.com www.AZRX7.Com www.FloodersAdventure.com
Flooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
yeti
Rotary Fan in Training

yeti is on a distinguished road

I'm somewhat maybe interested.. well.. I think they should be made.. I don't think I'd buy one anytime soon atm.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #24
Flooder
Rotary Fanatic

Flooder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
I'm somewhat maybe interested.. well.. I think they should be made.. I don't think I'd buy one anytime soon atm.
That is quite possibly the dumbest post on the internet ever.
White 1989 GTUs(DEAD)
Red 1988 Turbo II(DD)
Black 1988 Turbo II(SOLD)

Rebuilt and street ported motor, Garrett T04E Turbo, 3" Turbo Inlet Duct/AEM Dry Flow Filter, Your Mom's MBC, Blitz FMIC, 890cc and 1000cc injectors, Tomei FPR, Walbro, Rtek 2.1 ECU, Taurus E-Fan, Turbonetics BOV, 3" Motoria/Corksport Turbo Back Exhaust, Emissions Removed, Greddy Boost Gauge, Megan Racing Water Temp Gauge, 5one5 Triple Gauge Pod, AEM Uego, GP Sports Body Kit, Fiber Images CF Hood, S5 Seats, S5 Tails, S5 Alt, Dual Alt Pulley, D2 Coilovers, NRG Quick Release, Shook Motorsports Radiator, HID's, AN/Steel Braided Oil Cooler Lines, SUPER JDM TYTE DRIFT BUTTON

www.DensetsuMotorsports.com www.AZRX7.Com www.FloodersAdventure.com
Flooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #25
DJMOJO
The only DJ in RCC

That is the dumbest post on the internet ever.

Fixed
Old 06-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #26
fc steve
Rotary Fan in Training

IM somewhat possibly sure. but i maybe dont think so.