Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Re-Speed

Re-Speed www.re-speed.com (GA) Custom rotary parts, specializing in 85-older

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Rogue_Wulff
Non Member

Rogue_Wulff is on a distinguished road
Default Brake kit question

I know you had a Mark II brake kit that used the 4 piston calipers, and new hubs that you made, along with an off the shelf Brembo rotor. All this and the ability to retain the 4x110 bolt pattern.
I can't seem to find any info about this kit on the website. Is it still available? Pricing info?
Rogue_Wulff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
bwaits
Talk - Action = Nothing

bwaits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff View Post
I know you had a Mark II brake kit that used the 4 piston calipers, and new hubs that you made, along with an off the shelf Brembo rotor. All this and the ability to retain the 4x110 bolt pattern.
I can't seem to find any info about this kit on the website. Is it still available? Pricing info?
We do offer the MarkII kit. We do not stock it we only run them with GB. If you can drum up some interest we will certainly open a GB for them.

-billy
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Rogue_Wulff
Non Member

What's the pricing like when you do run a GB on them? And the number of sales that need to reached, before they can be had?

FYI, SCCA autox Street Prepared rules recently started allowing for brake swaps, provided the rotors are same/larger diameter, and calipers have same/greater number of pistons, and a funtional park brake is retained.

Any chance of a rear kit that will retain the 4x110?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
bwaits
Talk - Action = Nothing

bwaits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff View Post
What's the pricing like when you do run a GB on them? And the number of sales that need to reached, before they can be had?

FYI, SCCA autox Street Prepared rules recently started allowing for brake swaps, provided the rotors are same/larger diameter, and calipers have same/greater number of pistons, and a funtional park brake is retained.

Any chance of a rear kit that will retain the 4x110?
Wow those are neat rules. Guess it keeps some from running WAY less brake to cut down on unsprung and rotating weight. I know that's what I would have tried if they had missed the re-write

This was the post from the last GB. Only change would be the pricing. Material prices have changed a bit since then. We can go with $424.99 and $399.00 price points this time.

1979-1985, 12A Rx7, MarkII Big Brake Kit.
This brake kit is the latest addition to the ReSpeed brake upgrade kits. Our Mark I kit is hugely popular, but was only available for the 84-85 spindles. The new Mark II kit is was developed for and is now available for all year model struts. If you are interested in keeping your 4x110 or upgrading to the 4x114.3 pattern this is the kit you need.

This kit is the 1979-1983 12A and the 1984-1985 12A powered cars. The offset does not change from stock. You will need a 15" or up diameter wheel.

Here are the Highlights:

* Dual pattern, 4x110MM and 4x4.5" bolt patterns.
* Custom cnc machined aluminum hubs that utilize stock bearings (79-83)

* Does not change the wheel offset
* Brembo Rotors. Production based, means you can purchase replacements anywhere.
* 10.7" + Diameter vented rotors.

Kit includes:

* Aluminum CNC Hubs, wheel bearings and seals.
* Brembo brand rotors, with mounting hardware.
* Wheel Studs.
* Caliper mounting plates and hardware, MarkII version.
* Optional items will be: Stainless braided lines.

The group buy cost will be $399.00 for the kit, with 5 confirmed and paid participants.
Next price level will be $379.00 for the kit with 10 confirmed and paid participants.

We will Run the group buy until 8/20/07. Parts will be ready to ship in 3 weeks from GB end. You will be refunded the extra $20.00 if we hit the price break level. You will be refunded completely if we do not hit the minimum level for the GB.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Rogue_Wulff
Non Member

Fair pricing. Not quite in my budget at this time. Perhaps down the road.

Yeah, they used forward thinking when adding the brake upgrade allowances. Previously, the only brake swaps allowed were drum to disc, and then the rotors had to have same/larger OD than the drums.
This rule change is only about 1 year old, but most didn't see it existed until the 2009 rulebook was published.