Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Rotary Diagnostics Systems

Rotary Diagnostics Systems Our Rotary-engine Compression Testers combine off-the-shelf hardware and software to create a reliable system that can be used to obtain accurate engine compression measurements from a rotary engine. www.rotarydiagnostics.com P.O. Box 524 Mont Alto. PA 17222 (717) 352-7096

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

RotaryDiagnostics is on a distinguished road
Smile A Little History

Greetings all.

This is my first posting in the vendor section of Rotary Car Club, so I would like to tell you a little about my company.

This enterprise began developing our line of compression tester systems for rotary engines in 2005, and we eventually offered them for sale in late 2006. Our first system was a bit rudimentary, but it received a good response from the rotary community. After gaining experience with this early system and conducting additional research, we discovered that long hoses in the tester system were not particularly compatible with the relatively short duration compression pulses seen in the rotary. And the numbers we were seeing were a bit low due apparently to the inability of the compression pulse to fully pressurize the internal hose volume. So we redesigned the basic system to exclude the hose and offered up a free upgrade to all existing customer at that time.

Today, our basic system, the ReCT-03b, is essentially unchanged from the redesigned early system. Although a few important tweaks have been made to the system, including a more robust pressure transducer and heavier duty power cable. And we now offer optional high-sample-rate software, and extension cables for the USB and data cables.

Early in 2007, we were encouraged by Daryl Drummond to look into developing multi-rotor systems for those individuals and organizations who wanted something more than just a basic tester system. Shortly thereafter, we developed prototypes for a 2-rotor system and a modular, multi-rotor system that could be configured to test up to 4 rotors simultaneously. Testing of these prototypes went well and feedback from Daryl was very positive. So adopting his suggestions for improving the prototypes, we produced a few systems and offered them for sale.

Today we offer the basic system as well as a 2-rotor and modular, multi-rotor system that can be configured to test up to 4 rotors simultaneously. We have sold our systems to race teams, engine builders, shops and individuals in all corners of the world. Among perhaps our most well known customers is the SpeedSource, Inc., Grand-Am race team. They have been using one of our multi-rotor tester systems on their 3-rotor "RX-8" race cars since late 2007. And both Sylvain Tremblay and David Haskell provided very positive feedback to us at the 2008 Rolex 24.

That's a little history of this small enterprise. I would be pleased to attempt to answer any questions you may have on our products. Detailed information along with the current pricing is available on our web site. And you can ask around on this forum for feedback. A number of our customers hang out here.

Larry Roberts
http://RotaryDiagnostics.com
Rotary13b@RotaryDiagnostics.com
Mont Alto, PA

Last edited by RotaryDiagnostics; 03-05-2009 at 08:58 AM..
RotaryDiagnostics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

wow, very cool. Welcome to the club!

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix7 View Post
wow, very cool. Welcome to the club!
Thanks! Had to move over here from that other forum since I couldn't afford to pay their vendor fees. Still check in there once in a while to add my two cents.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Rotary13B1
Rotary Fanatic

Rotary13B1 is on a distinguished road

This Mr. Roberts is A GREAT GUY! He was EXTREMELY generous to donate a compression tester to our SevenStock Raffle, which was raffled off during the SSXI Banquet.

I still have to get a photo of the winner with the compression tester for your Larry! (just to show I didn't keep it for my own use.. hahaha)
I'll get that from our photographers this week.

-Andy
Old 03-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
Phoenix7
FUCK the fucking fuckers

Phoenix7 will become famous soon enough

OH!! That was his/yours?! I was crossing my fingers to win it.

Which makes perfect sense. They are sacrificing safety either way. lol

Phoenix7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #6
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary13B1 View Post
This Mr. Roberts is A GREAT GUY! He was EXTREMELY generous to donate a compression tester to our SevenStock Raffle, which was raffled off during the SSXI Banquet.

I still have to get a photo of the winner with the compression tester for your Larry! (just to show I didn't keep it for my own use.. hahaha)
I'll get that from our photographers this week.

-Andy
Appreciate the kind words Andy. I have one more empty presentation box left so if there's a SSXII, I may do the same this year. Hated to have to cancel out at the last minute, but I'll try again this year maybe.

The photo would be nice, but I had my agent at the banquet and he verified that the tester was actually presented to a winner.

Larry
Old 03-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
Atkins Dan
Premium Vendor

Atkins Dan is on a distinguished road

Well Welcome to RCC Larry we all hope you enjoy your stay..

BTW your comp tester works grate..

Dan

88 B2200 rotary powered with a 7inch Camden SuperCharger !RIP! Jan/4/2007

2001 626 5-speed 80k on the clock all stock {Truck replacement}

2005 MAZDA6 V6 WAGON now that is a pimping ride all stock for the moment.. Paid off

WWW.AtkinsRotary.com
Atkins Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
RotaryDiagnostics
Compression Tester Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins Dan View Post
Well Welcome to RCC Larry we all hope you enjoy your stay..

BTW your comp tester works grate..

Dan
Thanks Dan. I appreciate that!

Larry