Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > FDNewbie Imports

FDNewbie Imports Import Rare Japanese Only Parts to USA.

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
purerx7
The Newbie

purerx7 is on a distinguished road
Default GB Interest: Rotary Run Racing Headlights!!!

I met up with Ramy this weekend to take him down to Orlando to pick up his car. As we were having lunch he mentioned about replicating my rotary run racing headlights. These headlights have been discontinued for 2-3 years and are impossible to find, I believe mine are the only set in the US.

We would replicate the headlight mold, improve the brackets and source the lights for a complete kit. The lighting on these headlights is phenomenal and is
considerably better then stock. Not to mention they look BADASS at night, I cant tell you how many times I have gotten complimented on these headlights.

This thread is to gauge interest on how many people are interested in a set; if we gather enough interest I will give them to Ramy to start making the molds and begin the process. Its important to note that you will need to cut the frame and the front bumper to fit, and the wiring is extremely easy. Ill let Ramy chime in on ballpark pricing and how many people we need to get this going. This will be a great alternative to the $1500 re-amemiya and the $2000 rmagic lights as we were talking about pricing these under $1000, which is a steal for their light-output. You also do not have to worry about any clear lenses breaking like on the cwest and amemiya lights.
Couple of things to note:
You have to cut the frame and front bumper for these to fit, when we take these to the fabricator we will talk about modifying the bracket and bucket so you dont have to cut the frame or bumper. These will come with HID, the lamps and all the specifics are unclear currently as we are just trying to gauge the market. You can also have the ability of having a cold intake option where leaving one of the fog lamp holes empty and running the intake through their. My kit right now has PIAA xenon lights, so I cant say really provide a current light output as i dont have HIDs.

Feel free to ask any questions, I have had these for a few years. This thread is more for "testing the waters", if we get enough interest we will produce them. Here are a couple of pictures for those unfamiliar with them:

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."

Last edited by purerx7; 11-03-2008 at 11:47 AM..
purerx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
purerx7
The Newbie

Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
silverfd
Still not fast enough!

silverfd is on a distinguished road

Awesome lights man! Possible for UK use? I think it would just mean having adjustment as with the cheap ass ones on my fd, (check my avatar for an image)!
silverfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
blwnrtr93
Rotary Fanatic

blwnrtr93 is on a distinguished road

I'm interested but would have to see an approximate cost to know for sure.
1968 Camo Chevy P/U

Garfinkle's Airpump Idler Pulley: Keep the stock contact patch on your water pump w/o running Airpump!
blwnrtr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
lt1_fd3s
WNC Tour Guide

lt1_fd3s is on a distinguished road

how many people constitutes "enough interest"?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
purerx7
The Newbie

That is something I will have to talk to Ramy about. I will probably see him this weekend at a local gainesville rotary meet; so I will ask him then.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
lt1_fd3s
WNC Tour Guide

lt1_fd3s is on a distinguished road

hey man, have you checked with ramy yet?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
rotaryextreme
i like spinners

rotaryextreme is on a distinguished road

I saw those headligts on another FD back in 2003, A red show car. There are actually a few FD's with those lights here in Cali.
The ingenious and decidedly weird Wankel rotary engine works by using internal combustion to bounce a fat metal triangle around inside a hollow metal kidney bean, which hula-hoops around a central shaft to generate power.--- Jalopnik www.rotaryextreme.com, after more then a 2 year break, Rotary Extreme Re-opens 9/11/08.

Last edited by rotaryextreme; 12-19-2008 at 05:22 AM..
rotaryextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Flooder
Rotary Fanatic

Flooder is on a distinguished road

FC application?
White 1989 GTUs(DEAD)
Red 1988 Turbo II(DD)
Black 1988 Turbo II(SOLD)

Rebuilt and street ported motor, Garrett T04E Turbo, 3" Turbo Inlet Duct/AEM Dry Flow Filter, Your Mom's MBC, Blitz FMIC, 890cc and 1000cc injectors, Tomei FPR, Walbro, Rtek 2.1 ECU, Taurus E-Fan, Turbonetics BOV, 3" Motoria/Corksport Turbo Back Exhaust, Emissions Removed, Greddy Boost Gauge, Megan Racing Water Temp Gauge, 5one5 Triple Gauge Pod, AEM Uego, GP Sports Body Kit, Fiber Images CF Hood, S5 Seats, S5 Tails, S5 Alt, Dual Alt Pulley, D2 Coilovers, NRG Quick Release, Shook Motorsports Radiator, HID's, AN/Steel Braided Oil Cooler Lines, SUPER JDM TYTE DRIFT BUTTON

www.DensetsuMotorsports.com www.AZRX7.Com www.FloodersAdventure.com
Flooder is offline   Reply With Quote