Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section..

Rotary Tech - General Rotary Engine related tech section.. Tech section for general Rotary Engine... This includes, building 12As, 13Bs, 20Bs, Renesis, etc...

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
dimrod
The Newbie

dimrod is on a distinguished road
Default Mapping after Rebuild?

I am rebuilding the engine of my FD at the moment, have almost all the parts I need to put it back together but still waiting on a few things. Just wondering what the process is for after I have the engine rebuilt and put back in the car and everything hooked up like it should be. Do I just start and drive the car and run in the engine and then get it mapped somewhere or do I have to get it mapped straight away, then run it in, and then get it mapped again?
By the way... I have a Apexi power fc installed in the car...
Can't find much info on this part of the self rebuild anywhere so would appreciate if anyone that has done it before could share their knowledge.
Thanks
dimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Kane
All about the O2

Kane is on a distinguished road

If no porting and you have the narrow band O2 still in it; you can use the Stock PFC map to start it and learn the idle (takes 30 min).

But the stock tune is junk; so I would take it for tuning after that.