Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #271
speedjunkie
RCC Loves Me Not You

speedjunkie is on a distinguished road

Yeah what a surprise! lol

Old 07-31-2017, 12:03 AM   #272
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

The dash shell is complete. Had major problems with the TIG tying to warp everything out of shape. Ready to cover with leather and wood once I have the gauge openings, steering column cut out, and all the miscellaneous other openings located and cut. All the openings above and below the center console have been filled to provide extra stiffness (this booger needs all the stiffness it can get in the cowl area) and make it look like part of the basic structure. Idiot lights are in place, I wanted to keep them and this was the only logical place to put them. I may have to do something about the plastic see through cover eventually though.

Dash work (shell complete) by Kevin Frank, on Flickr

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.

Last edited by GySgtFrank; 07-31-2017 at 12:07 AM..
Old 07-31-2017, 10:21 PM   #273
GySgtFrank
Professional Stick Poker

GySgtFrank will become famous soon enough

I just came to the realization that I am going to need to get the Vintage Air heater/AC unit and control panel before I can finish up this dash.

Also considering trying to source an 86 - 88 FC tilt column and turn signal unit instead of the Ford part. It sits a lot closer to the dash panel which is one area that I am struggling with. Right now the wheel is right in your chest with the aftermarket steering wheel, which is damned uncomfortable. A few inches closer to the dash panel would make a huge difference.

1975 MG Midget (building)
http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_foru...ad.php?t=18681

1988 N/A SE model FC, dead stock and less than 85k on the clock. This one actually runs, so I don't fuck with it.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #274
tech54K
The Newbie

tech54K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgtFrank View Post
lowered by Kevin Frank, on Flickr

1975 MG Midget - 1500cc; 4 speed. 1640lbs. with the cast iron engine and trans.

For those of you that don't know what kind of an idiot I am, I will give a brief explanation. I bought the above green hair removal tool to get around with until I could get my 79 SA back up. It seemed to only need a few things and I could either do a swap on it later, or fix it and make a little bit of money by selling it.

No dice. Every time I fixed one thing something was broken/screwed up that had been hidden away by the previous owner(s), or broke in the process of fixing something else. After about a year of fighting with it non-stop, and putting far too much money in it, (2 engines, 2 transmissions, carb, manifold, ignition, switches, wiring fixes, radiator, lights, etc etc. ad nauseum). I have had enough with the weak kneed, poorly designed and built, crappy 55hp engine and glass transmission (and worse wiring). Time for something infinitely better.

I have put quite a bit of work into suspension/interior/exterior so not all the money dumped into it will be wasted.

I will be cleaning up the '87 S4 NA 13B and 5 speed that I have and transplant the whole shebang into it. Hopefully I'll be able to retain the fuel injection, but we'll see as I go along. In addition all the wiring will be stripped out of it and either tossed in the trash, or burned in a black Sabbath bonfire to help it on it's way to hell. I will be using the GSL-SE front cover and pan to utilize the front engine mounts. The trickiest part (other than wiring) is going to be building a header, as there isn't a lot of room.

More pictures to come as I get stuff done.
she's a babe!
Closed Thread