Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Piston Engine Conversion

Piston Engine Conversion Have you replaced your rotary with a V8 or any other type of piston engine? Tell us about it!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

Is NJ a no fault state??

Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #17
RETed
RCC Addict

RETed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raksj04 View Post
Is NJ a no fault state??
According to this page, it is:
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/No+Fault

NJ has been the ONLY state consistently MORE expensive for car insurance than here in Hawaii.
NOW I KNOW WHY.
That's just FUCKED.
At least here in Hawaii, the cops are trained to analyze all statements from witnesses and then assess liability of the accident; they can also assess partial liability to both parties - i.e. 25% one driver, 75% other driver.
This makes the insurance company's jobs EASIER and FASTER.

I feel for you, man...
You did get bent over.
Not much can beat knowing it wasn't your fault and then getting stuck with the repair bill cause people lie out their asses.

-Ted
http://fc3spro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
because you're only as good as your backup

Last edited by RETed; 09-21-2012 at 01:49 AM..
RETed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #18
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

FL is also a No fault state and the rates here are almost 3 times as much as WI. My fiance's 2000 Cavailer with Full coverage insuranced for WI is about half for my FC with just the basics for FL. Mainly because of FL being a no fault state.
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

Supernaut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETed View Post
Not much can beat knowing it wasn't your fault and then getting stuck with the repair bill cause people lie out their asses.
Honestly, it sucked that the driver lied but I understand why. His profession is at stake and there is 0 incentive to actually tell the truth. Not saying what he did was right. The guy was a total dick and it drives me insane that he has no real incentive to stop driving like an asshole. Fuuuuuck

-93 Spirit R Replica built @ IRP/S1. S1 tuned
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

So I got my seats and some bodywork done at bubbletech.

My rear fenders aren't as knifey as before.

Recaros are back!

Swapping the seats gave me a good opportunity to rip up the front carpet and check for mold or mildew (which there was) from some water that spilled from the AC drain hose that wasn't secured correctly before. Hence the ripped up carpet and paper towels.

Next step was to remove some interior panels for the installation of a new rear 1/4 panel or save some labor and to save broken tabs!

By now it wasn't to late and the FD dissecting party was coming to a close. Everyone felt pretty damn good about themselves and the night was young. I also just happened to have a new 3rd party carpet that accidently came to my address (was going to install it in the future). Well, I guess you can guess what happened next and you can guess that it took longer than anyone thought.

What are friends for if not to exploit and use as slaves and cheap labor!

Vroom vrooom

99 spec bumper. Shhhhh.

Check out all this dirt! I also managed to find almost a buck worth of change down here. Better than finding used condoms (right duls?).

Thank you Polak Graphics (buy stuff!), Andy X and David.

Last edited by Supernaut; 09-21-2012 at 11:00 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

I'm starting to realize that having so many interior parts in my room is having consequences for the environment. Check out what the cat just barfed up!

Old 09-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #22
need RX7
Clean S4 Nutswinger

need RX7 is on a distinguished road

Great thread! It's genuinely entertaining to read.

I admire your willingness to bring back such a mistreated car, even knowing that it will cost you more money and some (all?) of your sanity.

need RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by need RX7 View Post
Great thread! It's genuinely entertaining to read.

I admire your willingness to bring back such a mistreated car, even knowing that it will cost you more money and some (all?) of your sanity.
Thanks for the encouraging words man. I'm trying to make lemonade here but but it's hard to do when you're making it out of turd.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

So a bunch of people asked me to update this thread for a while but honestly, nothing has been happening with the car. I finally decided to post when I started watching my backlog of movies and realized I'd rather revel in my automotive misery than watch Resident Evil: Retribution, which is terrible btw. I don't know why I'm surprised because all the other ones were just so bad. Zombies shouldn't be able to run. It's total bullshit. O shit now Michelle Rodriguez is fucked. Anyway, as usual for a NJ bodyshop, a 2 - 3 week project (max) has so far taken more than 3 months which is just fantastic. I visisted the shop once in a while to check for progress. After about a month and a half, the shop finally started doing some work.

Hey not bad right??

A month after that passes by and bam we have more updates.

Hmmm weird I don't like that the car is left outside after primering but hey what do I know.

Check out this rear. Primer overspray?

Wow this movie is bad. Anyway, so that's pretty much the update. Sorry that kind of sucked. Well I guess I can post up some other interesting pics.

This is my FD when I picked up my 99 spec bumper from my man Dennis.

This is from Hurrican Sandy. Our underground garage downstairs was in danger of being flooded so this poor Lambo owner had to park upstairs. THE HUMANITY...

He had to get the car jump started. Haaaa.

This was some weird Hitler statue I found while somewhere in NJ. It scared the crap out of me.

This is a terrible movie. I think I'm going to go to bed. I enjoyed Twilight much more. In case you haven't seen it, here is a review that helped some people out.

Soooo I just saw Twilight. I recommend it to everyone. Movies like this don't come out ever. I'm going to change tenses now because the movie still lives in me and will live on forever. It is truly a tour de crap. It is hilariously bad and over serious. Please watch it. I felt terrible for all the actors. It looked like they were high in all the scenes to forget the pain of being in the movie. Taylor Lautner gave the best performance in the movie and I think it's because he has no shame. The movie also featured the most awkward looking CG character I have ever seen. It wasn't uncanny valley awkward. I can't describe it. It's what would happen if you asked a 5 year old to draw a girl and then paid millions for the best CG artists to bring it to life. A great parallel to the movie series. Wow how deep. I've never seen a movie that combined the worst parts of so many other lesser movies to truly become larger than the sum of its terrible parts, sort of like mixing Coke and Mentos.

For people who haven't seen...
We fell in love so fast (ultra slow motion coke-mentos experiment) on Vimeo

This was the Usain Bolt of terrible movies. Every minute of the movie that passed by was like a long, effortless stride of crap. It was almost as if the creators of the Twilight series made the movie to make fun of all the fans. Even though I never liked the Twilight series I felt really bad for the fans that waited so long for the end.

No joke fellas, watch the movie.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
BrettLinton7
Mountain Man

BrettLinton7 is on a distinguished road

Have they finished the paint by now? The car seems to really be coming along nicely.

BrettLinton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #26
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettLinton7 View Post
Have they finished the paint by now? The car seems to really be coming along nicely.
NOOOOOOPE hahaha

Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

Your thread reminds me of my own car. . . i will soon have a beginning to somewhat now build thread for it too. . .

love that you too, cry alone and keep the smiles for the masses. I know that feels, bro
RedR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

My only solace is that one day this will all be over...but probably not.

Progress!
http://i.imgur.com/akkMK0V.jpg

Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
theorie
VRR PSSH

theorie is on a distinguished road

Lookin' good Andy.

MY FACEBOOK PROFILE // BLACK LABEL ENGINEERING // ADVANCED RACE TECH // IR PERFORMANCE // THE BOOST LAB //

[url=rotaryaddicts.com]
theorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #30
Supernaut
Rotary Fanatic

So, it's been a good summer. Busy as hell so I haven't been able to post many updates (there were many recently) so I figured I would do it all in one go. I finally got my v8 back. The car looks great.

Before
http://i.imgur.com/BV8CIPj.jpg

After
http://i.imgur.com/8kSBd6S.jpg

The car finally feels like it's back home.
http://i.imgur.com/vu29LPh.jpg?1

I'm not going to go crazy with it like my other car. I'm done with replicas. All that's left is a check up of electrical stuff, new short shifter at speed1. Some work at IRP. New tires (dear GOD the ones on there are terrible) and to put back the interior of the car. Ahh and a final tune. Exterior work will be done over time finally. It feels good to finally be at the final stretch after all of the crap.