Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Bubble Tech LLC

Bubble Tech LLC Bubble Tech- Rotary Apparel, novelty items and Car parts! Dayon, NJ Phone: 732-887-1025 www.BubbleTech.us

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
muibubbles
Bubble Tech

muibubbles is on a distinguished road
Talking Bubble Tech Aluminum Dash

We are happy to announce a new product to our line up!

Introducing our aluminum dash. It is design to fit the stock dash bar with minimal cutting. These are hand made dashes are constructed from 4 pieces, Top, Face, and 2 sides (to fill the gap). The multiple pieces make for an easy installation and make it much easier to mock up/cut to add accessories. Perfect to retrofit your aftermarket gauges, racepak, stack guage cluster, etc!

Finish: Hand Brushed aluminum
Includes hardware and rubber strips

Price $285
Order: FD Dash

Pics

Bubble Tech

www.BubbleTech.us
muibubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
RedR1
Brokeback Power!

RedR1 will become famous soon enough

Oh wow. . . . im' really. . . really diggin this!! i love how you are still putting out parts for the FD after all these years. mad props!!

Also, i read where it says there will need to be modifications to the dash bar. what do you consider minor trimming? I'm just curious, as this is something that really interests me. i think i may have to order your door covers in carbon and these for my ole girl for Christmas
RedR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
JhnRX7
Rotary Fanatic

JhnRX7 is on a distinguished road

Is this supposed to be an aesthetic modification or is this intended for track cars? IMO for a race dash the primary goal is to get rid of the main dash structure underneath to shed weight. All the accessories such as the steering column and dash skin would then mount up to a roll cage cross bar. Also I feel if for race car purposes the cutouts for the A-pillars would not be necessary.

If it is an aesthetic mod, then what about the window defroster? I feel this is pretty important to keep in a street car.
JhnRX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
muibubbles
Bubble Tech

muibubbles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedR1 View Post
Oh wow. . . . im' really. . . really diggin this!! i love how you are still putting out parts for the FD after all these years. mad props!!

Also, i read where it says there will need to be modifications to the dash bar. what do you consider minor trimming? I'm just curious, as this is something that really interests me. i think i may have to order your door covers in carbon and these for my ole girl for Christmas
Thanks for the kind words! I've been wanting to design a bunch of parts for my car so I figured I'd offer them as well!

As far as trimming, there is a tab by the center console area that sticks out where the "clarion module" bolts to, you need to cut it off otherwise it pushes the dash up slightly. also there is some bracing by the hood release lever that needs to be trimmed. everything else can stay, BUT there are plenty of tabs that were used to hold the OEM dash and hvac that you can cut off to shave weight. Ill try and get a picture tomorrow with more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by JhnRX7 View Post
Is this supposed to be an aesthetic modification or is this intended for track cars? IMO for a race dash the primary goal is to get rid of the main dash structure underneath to shed weight. All the accessories such as the steering column and dash skin would then mount up to a roll cage cross bar. Also I feel if for race car purposes the cutouts for the A-pillars would not be necessary.

If it is an aesthetic mod, then what about the window defroster? I feel this is pretty important to keep in a street car.
As most of our designs, its hybrid of both we like to mix the street/track car style. Depending what youre after, it could work for either or. It is also not a direct solution for one problem, rather it addresses a few issues. IIRC that isnt completely true, if they remove the dash structure, what is holding up the steering column? Generally if the car is getting caged its just a basic bar, but still there.

Now i just shipped a stock dash bar and with packaging it weight 10.3lbs
in terms of a custom welded in dash bar alone without mounting tabs is ~7 lbs

For comparison (per foot) dash is 48" so multiply by 4
diameter wall thickness weight
Chromoly
1.50 0.120 1.769 lb
DOM
1.50 0.120 1.769 lb
HREW
1.50 0.120 1.769 lb

So if you shave the stock dash bar to the bare bar with the 2 tabs needed to support our dash skin, the weight difference is very minimal. Also retaining the stock dash allows the customer a plug and play option vs needing to get a custom dash bar made.

As far as the a-pillar cut out, this was specifically designed for a customer and we are just offering the design we came up with, we can modify it to the customers liking, he requested it because he does not have a cage and aesthetically, it is more pleasing then the bare sheet metal.

Now the stock skin completely bare bone without any trim is 7.5lbs, our skin is 4.6lbs. Our real selling point is supplying an option for those who run aftermarket gauges. To run and aftermarket gauge set up (eliminating stock cluster) you will need to modify or purchase a blank gauge face, which would probably run you the same cost of our dash. On top of that now if you want to shed more weight with the stock dash you have to get rid of the trim etc, now you have open holes that are an eye sore (some may care so many not)
also to run more gauges, boost, oil temp/pressure, afr, egt etc, you will need to spend more money on a gauge cluster or a blank AC panel trim. at that point you are probably spending twice as much as it would cost to use our dash and install your gauges directly into the dash face.

As far as defrosters go, we are assuming people who are looking to purchase our dash are not very concerned about defrosters either it be A. its a track car or B. its a weekend car/show car/not a daily driver that doesnt drive in that kind of weather. With that said, for my personal car, which i plan to DD, i will be retrofitting my own A/c heat and defrosters.

Bubble Tech

www.BubbleTech.us
muibubbles is offline   Reply With Quote