Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-8 (2004 - Present)

RX-8 (2004 - Present) All things to do with RX-8

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
jimstaz
Rotary Fan in Training

jimstaz is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 2005

my car has to go soon cuz im a pos and messed up so much.. I need my a home and its been through hell and back... no front bumper cover, and sides skirts.. had a new clutch put in it but found out the hole in the wall place screwed me with duralast... so the clutch needs done again... I owe a lil over 4500 on it and I want it to really find a good home.. this cars done nothing but good for me with shows and not letting me down.. me screwing up is me letting it down... send me a message if interested....im not trying to make money off it at all im trying to get rid of it cuz I cant pay on my car no more.. if serious talk to me... im in oakgrove ky.....

jimstaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Rotary Evolution
rotaryevolution.net

Rotary Evolution is on a distinguished road

pictures of it in its current condition would help.

but it's going to be a tough sell so letting you know up front. the 8's are dropping like a rock in value now with the core engine warranty expiring.

i just bought an '04 for $3300 which needed minor TLC and the person who sold it to me flipped it so i know he paid even less. they're going to be the new FC in terms of value soon.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Sephitrask
BOILED PEANUTS!!!

Sephitrask is on a distinguished road

which is a damn shame, especially considering how much I still owe on mine :EPICFUCKINGFACEPALM:

www.rotarycarclub.com
"The way a Rotary engine makes power is ferocious, much like having a chainsaw under your right foot."
Sephitrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
reddozen
Gold Wheels FTW

reddozen is on a distinguished road

sooo glad mine's been paid off for a while... lol

but yea... FCs are going up and 8's are going down fast.
2003 ZZW30 MR2 (Rotary swap after RX8)
2004 SE3P RX8 (20B Swap in the works)
reddozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Sephitrask
BOILED PEANUTS!!!

Sephitrask is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddozen View Post
sooo glad mine's been paid off for a while... lol

but yea... FCs are going up and 8's are going down fast.
If I am honest about it, I should have did more financial planning before I got mine, but I was a brat who wanted it then so I paid about 3k more for it that I should have. But whatever, I loved the car when I bought it and love it even more now, so to me its ok. When its paid for, THATS when the real fun starts

www.rotarycarclub.com
"The way a Rotary engine makes power is ferocious, much like having a chainsaw under your right foot."
Sephitrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Rotary Evolution
rotaryevolution.net

Rotary Evolution is on a distinguished road

almost every car you buy is going to be the worst investment of your life, unless you bought a house at the peak of the market then that would be the exception.

i have never bought a new car, i always buy fixer uppers that were exceptional values when they popped up. the only car i overpaid for was our '95 BMW 318is vert but we also sold it for how much we bought it for. new car sales are going down and used car values are holding decently, it could be worse.

i did buy a brand new KTM dirt bike, which i rarely got to ride. traded it for a 32' enclosed trailer, fixed it up and sold it for $4k(i probably could have gotten $6k if i wasn't in a hurry to sell due to the HOA pressing us to get rid of it) when the bike was only worth $2-2.5k 9 years after i bought it with probably 40 hours on it. you just have to be patient and willing to work for the most out of your investment. the trailer was sitting in a tow lot next to my shop, i asked about it and offered the trade and made it happen(the trailer also saved me thousands in moving expenses), both parties were happy.

Last edited by Rotary Evolution; 05-08-2013 at 01:43 PM..
Rotary Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
jimstaz
Rotary Fan in Training

im keeping it.. I got my lazy but under there and changed my clutch.. my car sat almost a year... and I just drove it a few days ago as a test drive... now.. the real work begins.. but how do you do the real work with out money.. but with my apart area I don't have a place to tear down my car from the AWOL accelerator which helped me wreck which you could see in a older post..financial planning.. with the debts I have and some other legal stuff im dealing with its hard to plan since I am now out of the army and working at a gas station.. hopes and dreams
Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
jimstaz
Rotary Fan in Training

and I know what you mean with trade and looking for deals.. I found a 94 integra sitting around in a parking lot.. I picked it up for 300 bukz.. it needs some work and maintenance but I drive it too work every day and im hoping to fix it up and sell it for more...
Old 07-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
rotar bones
rotary owner/driver.

rotar bones is an unknown quantity at this point

I own mine and it a good thing to be able to play and not worry about warranty etc. Mine is a 2004 automatic. I wish I had bought the 6 speed but..........that's the way it is. Is any one in Denver here. We have some awesome mountain roads to play on here.
rotar bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Prodigy
Half bubble off plumb

Prodigy will become famous soon enough

$3300!!!! that's retarded

where I live a 2004 rx-8 still goes for $7-12K its stupid

I seen a blown motor 8 2005 maybe 70, 000miles, and the guy was asking $5500 for it

I'm thinking I need to bank dome cash and make a trip down south to get an 8

could save me thousands

*shakes head*

J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
There is no limit to my stubborness...... just ask any of my ex's

"The most respected cars in history are the ones which stick to their guns, do things differently and make no apologies for it."

360 gamertag: Tichlis
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote