Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85)

RX-7 1st Gen Specific (1979-85) RX-7 1979-85 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #16
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

mystery is on a distinguished road

Oo yes awesome! And if theres nothing in those bowls what would that mean?? Cause those where bone dry.

mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

ran83 is on a distinguished road

mystery i saw that you were in pensacola i am guessing florida right? i am also from pensacola and will be back there soon so if you need some help i am sure that i will be in and out of auto zone. any how everyone always tells me work from the least expensive thing to the most expensive i guess thats a decent rule of thumb, i will send you some info for a guy that i know down there who you wouldnt think does rx7 but is actually pretty good and that nevelle automotive. he was a teacher of mine at wesf florida tech but is a pretty knowlegeable guy and could probably point you in a good direction!
ran83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

and also there are a group of RX7 guys that hang out at bay front that could probably be of good help im not sure if you ever make it down there but its good times as long as the cops dont show up because some one is being dumb!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Haha yeah man I know about bayfront and theres always someone being stupid cops patrol that route all night one reason I quit goin down there. Alot of people split off from that just for that reason anf have made different meeting spots sat nights to prevent the pigs from showin. But I used to go down there alot in highschool with friends and what not but half them joined military so im a lone ranger. But I van always use help man ive already went cheaper way and redone the gas tank and fuel lines and by trial and error theres fuel getting to the carb just isnt doing nothing with it cause of the stuff that was in the tank. But I been talking to the mechanic at V&T Performance and hes been pretty cool. But as ive told everyone,,, theres alot of work that it needs to get it where I want it to be at but main concern is the engine cause it does have 214k origional miles on engine and tranny.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

Thats a good it of miles for a first gen. do you know if it has had a rebuild at all?? you may need apex seals. i would also do a compression test to see what you are getting and that would give you a good idea as to weather the apex seals are bad or not. yeah as far as bayfront goes there are alot of coppers running around but also check with XXX perfomance there is pensacola i know they dont work with rx7s but i am sure they could refer you to someone good in that area
Old 04-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Yeah I been worried about those seals but theres a guy that comes into autozone that works for butlerupullit that told me there was a strong seal for earlier years. But problem is for me to do a compression check I gotta have it running continuelly and thats gonna cost about $750 for the carb and intake mani. And I have no idea if its been rebuilt or not guy before me didnt know anything about the car and actually had motor craft plugs in it.. so I can only tell you what ive done to it. But XXX was useless to me and V&T was only place that offered to help other than a few mechanics around town that understand these cars but everytime ive gone looking for information ive learned something new which I find to be pretty cool. >_<
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

yeah there is always something new to be learned...... were are you getting your intake and carb at?????/ I have a factory one here at the house that is in good shape and had a fresh rebuild an tune on it befor it was pulled..... let me know if i have to i will send you this one!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Was actually going to order everything online I wanna put that 48 ida weber which ide then have to change the intake mani. And I also have an after market exhaust header to put on as well so needless to say when I do scrape up the cash to get the weber like I want its gonna scream!! ^_^ also found a guy today that I spoke with that has had more than one of these cars and he knows how to bypass alot of these vaccuum lines which im stoked about cause the ones in this car are a cluster $%@#..

Last edited by mystery; 04-16-2013 at 06:10 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
ran83
Rotary Fan in Training

good shit man sounds like you know which way you want to go with it. let me know how it works out for you. hopefullly the carb issue is the only thing wrong with it and she will be back up and running before too long!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
mystery
Rotary Fan in Training

Yeah man im crossing my fingers. Ill have updates on the progress of it once I get there my biggest concern is those seals which should have been the first thing I checked when I had it runnin again buttt ill defidently keep ya updated. Ide love to add pictures but cant seem to figure that part out lol >_<