Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Piston Engine Conversion

Piston Engine Conversion Have you replaced your rotary with a V8 or any other type of piston engine? Tell us about it!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #46
StephenSheppard
Rotary Fan in Training

StephenSheppard is on a distinguished road

So this happened next? I'm lost lol

Still had these bad boys new in the packaging lol. The date on them is hilarious.

Hung the calipers and put the AN fiittngs in them. Does anyone know if the big spring goes on the bottom or top???? I can't even remember lol. Probably doesn't matter, but damn these are sexy with all new hardware and stuff.

Dat new new

Tore this thing all apart, got rid of the ignition cylinder.

Painted and installed my headlight stuffs. Came out pretty cool, ain't mad at it.

This is terrible and went in the trash can. I can't roll like that. A new one or substitute will be ordered. It's the grommet for the steering column.

Steering column stripped down and repainted. Color looks super wierd in this picture. Might go black anyways after all.

Messing with these almost perfect fenders I got from a buddy. Just thinking and getting ideas.

StephenSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #47
StephenSheppard
Rotary Fan in Training

Started building this cover for the fuel stuffs. It's all one piece that is removed by undoing 8 little M5 bolts at the base and lifting up. It is fully enclosed even though some of the pics don't show it. All aluminium, even the rivets lol. weighs like 2 lbs.

inside

New vent hose before the tank goes back in.

I was really worried about the clearance to this feed hardline, but as you can tell there's no issue at all.

New hoses and stuff for the vent/rollover valve thingy. Cause why not?

Fits so good. I love it.

This moth picked the worst place ever for a vacation.....just saying.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #48
StephenSheppard
Rotary Fan in Training

Kinda just tossed the unfinished fuel pump housing in the tank to see what I would need as far as fittings and hose for the last three hoses.