Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 2nd Gen Classified > 2nd Gen RX-7 Tires & Wheels

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road
Default GI/FS: 16x8 Enkei RPF1's w/ tires - $600 (Cinci, OH)

I'm looking to upgrade so I'm considering selling my current setup while the car isn't running. I have four 16x8 +32 mm Enkei RPF1's (with centercaps) with 225/50R16 Toyo T1R tires mounted. They have less than 5000 miles on them, but have seen eight 20-minute track sessions at Mid-Ohio in 2010-2011. One of the wheels has some small scratches/dings where I whacked it with a hoist while removing the engine. I'll grab some pictures tonight when I get home. They have been on the car and not moved since April 2011.

I'd like to get $100/wheel and $50/tire as they have sat for a while. $600 takes the set. I'd really prefer not to ship these. I'm located 20 minutes north of Cincinnati and am willing to travel 2 hours in any direction.

infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Here are some pictures of the wheels/tires as they currently sit. They are still dirty from before I blew the engine but I will certainly clean them up before handing them over.

Driver's rear:

Driver's front:

The driver's front is the wheel I dinged with the hoist. To my knowledge this is the only damage to any of the wheels:

Passenger's rear:

Passenger's front:

These will require coilovers to fit up front due to clearance to the coil spring. I had to run camber bolts to pull the tires slightly away from the spring perch to avoid rubbing but this may not be the case for you. I can include the camber bolts at no extra cost if desired. I also have a slight roll on the front fenders to avoid the tire catching the lip. This only happened to me during the track events. This could probably be avoided by running -2* of camber or more. The rears have plenty of clearance to both the suspension and the fenders. You could probably get away with 10 mm spacers in the rear if you ran something like -1.5* of camber for a more flush look.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernosg View Post
These will require coilovers to fit up front due to clearance to the coil spring. I had to run camber bolts to pull the tires slightly away from the spring perch to avoid rubbing but this may not be the case for you. I can include the camber bolts at no extra cost if desired.
I feel I should elaborate on this a little. I never really ran this wheel/tire combination on the car with stock or aftermarket springs. I did install them briefly and I don't recall there being an issue but the car never drove like that so I can't say for sure. The issue I had with the coilovers was the inner diameter of the tire on the backside was barely making contact with the spring perch. If I had a different ride height or spring preload set this may not be an issue.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
j1nx
Rotard

j1nx is on a distinguished road

PM'd
Old 02-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Sale pending.