Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 2nd Gen Classified > 2nd Gen RX-7 Exterior Parts

2nd Gen RX-7 Exterior Parts Which includes body panels, spoilers, diffusers, hood, etc..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road
Default WTB (buy/borrow): TII hood

I'm looking for a TII hood to buy or borrow for a short period of time. Color and paint condition doesn't matter as long as the hood is structurally sound (i.e. no large amounts of rust, huge dents, missing pieces, etc.). I'm in SW OH about 20 min. north of Cinci and am more than willing to drive about two hours in any direction (Indy, Louisville, Lexington, Dayton, Findlay/Lima, Columbus, etc.). I'm trying to see if I can utilize the stock hoodscoop location as a cool air source for the ITB's on my N/A 13B. Alternatively if someone could provide detailed dimensions that would work as well.

infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

One more for the road...
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

I have a CF TII "style" hood. I could make some measurments for you if you want. I live In FL so I cant loan it to you.
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raksj04 View Post
I have a CF TII "style" hood. I could make some measurments for you if you want. I live In FL so I cant loan it to you.
If it's the same dimensions/design as the OEM TII hood I'm trying to figure out where the "opening" on the inside is located relative to the sides of the hood, more specifically the rear and sides. I know the hood isn't exactly square but if you could measure the distances from both sides and the distances of the front and rear of the opening to the back of the hood. Alternatively is you have the stock TMIC still in there you could measure its location relative to the sides of the engine bay. That might work even better actually.

On another note who makes your CF hood and do you like it? If I can't find a decent OEM one I'll probably pick up an aftermarket CF or FG one (preferably FG since it'll be painted).
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Raksj04
I have Ultra power in me.

Raksj04 is on a distinguished road

My hood is a eBay knock off. I wouldn't recommend it. I will get you some measurements in a few days
Raksj04 is offline   Reply With Quote