Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > Re-Speed

Re-Speed www.re-speed.com (GA) Custom rotary parts, specializing in 85-older

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
one320fc
one Apex @ a time

one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default Part idea for ya Billy

Not sure what your able to do in your shop, but all your other work is very impressive!! What about replacement water necks? I believe the S5 N/A were plastic and prone to failure and my 12A neck is rusted and pitted and looks like crap. Maybe Billet Alum. with an additional port for after market temp gauge as well. Just an idea
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:17 AM   #2
warwickben
sa rat rod

warwickben is on a distinguished road

i would be down for a rear sway bar for sa/fb's. rear sway bar looks out of place now on my car with all the nice pretty blue parts i got from billy.
warwickben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
orion84gsl
Rotary Fanatic

orion84gsl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warwickben View Post
i would be down for a rear sway bar for sa/fb's. rear sway bar looks out of place now on my car with all the nice pretty blue parts i got from billy.
One with adjustable endlinks instead of sleeves like the RB bar. I have that one and it's pretty much impossible to adjust them. Plus theres too much measuring involved to get both sides the same. 3 preset stiffnesses would be more than most people would need. I think I had a couple other ideas boucning around my head but I forgot.
orion84gsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
warwickben
sa rat rod

i didnt have any problem adjusting them. i did what billy said to do to, screw all the way in and count your turns.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
one320fc
one Apex @ a time

one320fc is on a distinguished road

rear strut bar would be cool as well
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
orion84gsl
Rotary Fanatic

Quote:
i didnt have any problem adjusting them. i did what billy said to do to, screw all the way in and count your turns.
I was referring to the RB bar, not the RE-Speed bar. The RB rear bar sleeves are not threaded. They just slide on and are held in place with two bolts squeezing it onto the bar. With the urethane bushings on the endlinks and not much elbow room, it's practically impossible to get them to move the way you want them to without taking the bar right off.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
orion84gsl
Rotary Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by one320fc View Post
No point in a rear strut bar. Putting a bar between the rear shocks won't actually brace them against any deflection. The bar will just move with them. Bracing the rear spring supports is useless as well since they are already part of the chassis. Also because it's a solid axle and not independant the rear shocks need to move with the axle. Bracing them, properly anyway, would tear the shock mounts off the axle under hard side to side load.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
warwickben
sa rat rod

billy do you read this ? any chance your willing to make a rear sway bar to match the front one i got from you?
other ideas

a carb hat/ or new air filter housing thats sealed better then the stock 12a.nothing against rotary shack,but i bought 95% of my parts from you and want to keep buying parts from you.

these would work with your 1979-1985 Radiator Support / Cold Air Bracket. a carb hat if your going to use a cone filter mounted to the bracket. or a better sealed air box (the thing that sits over the carb) cause i want to buy the radiator support bracket and run a duct to my front bumper for a ram air effect.
i can draw a picture up to explain.

i nice fat re-speed sticker to go across the wind shield .
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
bwaits
Talk - Action = Nothing

bwaits is on a distinguished road

Quote:
billy do you read this ? any chance your willing to make a rear sway bar to match the front one i got from you?
other ideas

a carb hat/ or new air filter housing thats sealed better then the stock 12a.nothing against rotary shack,but i bought 95% of my parts from you and want to keep buying parts from you.

these would work with your 1979-1985 Radiator Support / Cold Air Bracket. a carb hat if your going to use a cone filter mounted to the bracket. or a better sealed air box (the thing that sits over the carb) cause i want to buy the radiator support bracket and run a duct to my front bumper for a ram air effect.
i can draw a picture up to explain.

i nice fat re-speed sticker to go across the wind shield .
I do not venture here as much as I should.

I would need to look into the rear bar idea. Need one to measure and mock up from though, I have always removed and discarded them

We may do a carbon carb hat in the future. still looking at ideas.

Stickers and shirts are on the way. Never really thought about selling our own swag but we keep getting request.

-billy
Old 05-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #10
warwickben
sa rat rod

ill be down for stickers and swag.
if you make a carb hat make it look like a rotor i've seen a pic of one and it looked great under the hood.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #11
warwickben
sa rat rod

billy i would be willing to take any specs off my sa you would need, or heck id be willing to buy a rear sway bar and have it sent to you if i could get the first one you make.
would you make one useing the same type of end links as the front sway bar? cause that would be nice.

any chance you would make bolt in main hoops with a bar for harness and bars that go to the rear.

just realized you said carbon carb hat. that would be real nice. i was talking to some one that works for a rally team across the big pond. it was used on a old 80's rally car forget the team name but they wanted 1200 us dollars for it i shit my self when he said that.

Last edited by warwickben; 05-16-2008 at 03:54 PM..
Old 05-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #12
jgrewe
Rotary Fan in Training

jgrewe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion84gsl View Post
No point in a rear strut bar. Putting a bar between the rear shocks won't actually brace them against any deflection. The bar will just move with them. Bracing the rear spring supports is useless as well since they are already part of the chassis. Also because it's a solid axle and not independant the rear shocks need to move with the axle. Bracing them, properly anyway, would tear the shock mounts off the axle under hard side to side load.
The load of the chassis doesn't go through the shock mounts anyway. The spring perches that are just inside the shock under the floor handle the load. The shocks just control the bounce of the rear end and the rebound of the spring.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #13
warwickben
sa rat rod

billy make some tubular control arms for use with you sway bar.allso make some rear upper contol arms you all ready have the lower made.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #14
rot8
The Newbie

rot8 is on a distinguished road

howas it nead bita info um kan sum one measge me plez neading project kar
rot8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
fire85gslse
RCC Addict

fire85gslse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by one320fc View Post
after long debate I took mine off and yep, no need for it!
I do have a rb adjustable one if you need it billy. Just call me if so.