Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 3rd Gen Classified > 3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale

3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale Buy or Sell your Car only!! No Parts!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie84
The Newbie

Rookie84 is on a distinguished road
Default FS: '93 RX-7 Touring with fully built LS6, $29000

Video of my car idling and revving. Taken with my digital camera so the quality is crappy. It sounds deeper and better in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr4PaLUtan4

I've been really enjoying the car ever since I put the power steering on and got the new cam in it, but I'm still thinking about selling it as it's not practical as my only car.

Overall, it is very nicely built, and there really is nothing wrong with the car. Factory gauges all work like they should. It now has POWER STEERING! and AC is all hooked up except the lines. I'll give stock LSX lines for the new owner so you can just use the fitting off of them and have any AC shop build the lines, and then AC will work. I also just bought a AC pressure switch adapter as well.

This car started off as a 1993 touring model that was originally Montego Blue, but has had a full color change by a professional bodyshop to 2004 Corvette Medium Spiral Grey Metallic.

Interior:
Brand new black carpet and rear hatch carpet
Mazda RX7 R2 model suede black leather seats
Shaved rear wiper arm
Kenwood head unit
Unknown brand and model of speakers and tweeters in the front doors(they sound decent)
Optima Redtop relocated battery with a circuit breaker shutoff in the rear storage bins.
PLX Wideband O2 sensor and digital readout
Factory gauges all work

Engine:
LS6 Block with 40k original miles
New LS6 Heads with sodium filled exhaust valves
LS6 intake manifold
Diamond forged pistons
Je total seal rings
Balanced and blueprinted engine
GM MLS head gaskets
Comp Cam 228/232 .600/.602 116lsa+1
PRC dual valvesprings/titanium retainers
Texas Speed Chromoly pushrods
Comp lifters
Clevite coated cam/main/rod bearings
ARP 12 point head/main studs
ARP 2000 Rod bolts
Callies Compstar rods
New oil pressure and temp sensors
1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with V-bands
Hinson Supercars Deluxe mounting kit
Aluminum driveshaft
Custom Aluminum Radiator
Slim FAL Cooling Fan
Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump
Corvette fpr
Delphi 42# injectors
LS2 timing chain
New GM engine seals/gaskets
LS1 engine wiring
1999 LS1 Ecu
LS1 MAF sensor
Polyurethane filled motor mounts
ATP rubber intake elbows
Dual 3" pipes to single 4" pipe
Two 3" Magnaflow cats
Hooker Aerochamber 3.5" muffler
Magnaflow exhaust tip
K&N Cone Filter
3.5" Custom Air Intake Piping
HPTuners Pro engine management

Drivetrain:
T-56 6-Speed transmission
Spec stage 3+ Clutch
Spec billet flywheel
US Brake clutch master cylinder
Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line
Heat Wrapped Clutch Line
SGI-5 Speedometer Correction
New LS6 slave cylinder
Steeda Tri-Ax Handle
03 Cobra shift knob
New GM Transmission Mount
Insulated transmission tunnel

Exterior:
New OEM Mazda Weather Stripping
New BFGoodrich G-force T/A tires
Slotted Brake rotors
Stainless Brake Lines
Rotary Extreme HID headlight conversion
99 spec tail lights
Full Color Change including door jambs, trunk, engine bay
Evo-R CF hood dampers
R1 front lip

Extras:

HP Tuners Pro software CD
Super Pro urathane bushing kit (worth $560 or so. I can sell the car without it and knock $500 off the price, but it's really a nice kit and I recommend you change the bushings on the car as it really makes the suspension feel like new)
AC pressure switch adapter

The car is built to rev to 7500+ rpm and the bottom end is proven to hold up to 800 or so hp. My plan was to run a 150hp wet shot of nitrous on the car eventually which would put the car around 600 rwhp which is enough to get the car into the 9's with traction given the cars 2700 lb curbweight. The car has over $25,000 invested into the swap and the paint.

The car has 160k on the chasis, and only about 900 miles on the built motor.

The paint job was just recently done and it does not have any imperfections at all.

Now with imperfections. There is a dime sized chip on the black center peice that goes between the tail lights. There is no cover on the driver's side door compartment, and passenger side door panel is kinda messed up... I'll pick up some used ones in good condition and put them on. The fuel line could use some heat wrapping, as it is kinda close to the header. The interior was tan and painted black, and there are some scratches that shows the tan color. It can simply be touched up by using any plastic paint. That's about it I think... as I fixed most of the imperfections.

The car is now properly dyno tuned by Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports. It made 395rwhp through two 3" cats. This car definitely has more in it, and I think the cats I have are just too restrictive. I think I'll try dynoing w/o cats and see what I get. Otherwise, the tune is great. The drivability down low is great and you can cruise at 1500rpm in 6th gear no problem. The car is a lot more enjoyable now since it's a lot easier to drive.

Some of you might know Chris. He owns LS1 FD himself and was one of the first to do the swap. Hinson took the subframe design from him and mass produced it. He checked out the car for me and Bruce at his shop did the cam swap and power steering install on the car. Chris said the car seems to be nicely built and couldn't see anything wrong with it other than the fuel line that I have mentioned above.

Pics taken by previous owner. Click on them for larger versions. The car has stock seatbelts as I asked for the harness to be removed and stock seatbelts to be put back in when I bought this car.

Price: $29,000 obo.

Rookie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Rookie84
The Newbie

Recent pics after wash and wax. Also installed R1 lip.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie84
The Newbie

Old 04-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #4
85rx-7gsl-se
Mod With The Least :P

85rx-7gsl-se is on a distinguished road

All pics are red X's

www.tennspeed.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Carlock aka RotoriousRX7
"Rotarys come with built-in traction control, its called no torque"
85rx-7gsl-se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #5
Rookie84
The Newbie

It should work now. The picture host I use are down time to time, so if the pics don't work, check back in few minutes.