Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Multimedia > Rotary Of The Month Contest > Winner's Circle

Winner's Circle Rotary Car Club Of The Month Member Rides!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
ZGN
I fly drones & film crap.

ZGN is on a distinguished road
Default September Rotary Factory 2010 Car Of the Month

September car of the month was selected at the Rotary Factory 2010 meet Sept 26th Located at 5pointz in Queens New York by Sinned2545.

Owner: Ken

1977 Mazda Factory Rotary Pickup
Extended cab, 5-speed trany 98,000 original miles
4-port 13B 4-barrel carb, flared fenders ,battery mounted under the bed from the factory.
15,000 total units made, the majority being 1974

Q: Congratulations for being our September Ride of the Month! Tell us about how you acquired this car?
A: Thanks for choosing me...The original owner contacted me via email and he wanted to know if I was interested in his REPU. We emailed back and forth, he sent pictures, etc... The REPU looked great in pictures, but I was still concerned, pictures don’t always reveal everything. He was also very firm on the price. So I decided to go for it and took a long drive to upstate NY with a friend (thanks Lance). My jaw dropped when I saw the REPU in person. I then knew why he was firm on the price. I bought it without hesitation.

Q: How did you first become interested in modified cars? Have you had any previously?
A: I was 15 years old when I saw my very first 1974 Mazda Rx2 after looking it over and hearing the distinct exhaust note. I fell in love with rotaries. Since then I've owned a 73 Rx2 2-door, 73 Rx2 4-door, 79 Rx7 (Big Street Port), 84 Rx7, Two 85 GSL-SE, 75 REPU, and now my 77 REPU.

Q: Whats the biggest reason you chose a rotary powered car to modify?
A: The exhaust note, the uniqueness, the simplicity, etc...The rotary is truly a fantastic mechanical marvel, not perfect, but to me it’s perfect enough!

Q: Is this car your daily driver? Do you participate in any form of racing? (Drag, Auto-X, etc)
A: My REPU is not a daily driver and I do not participate in any form of racing.

Q: What do you enjoy most about your car?
A: The uniqueness (about 15,000 produced back in the 70's), you can’t beat a Mazda factory rotary powered pickup. It turns a lot of heads and it’s a joy to ride.

Q: Do you have any future plans for the car, or any car?
A: Plans are to bring it as close to original as possible. What I need are the beauty rings for the original wheels (wheels on the REPU in the pictures is not original) Original radio and tow mirrors. The REPU is all there about 97% complete. Just need the items above to make it 100%.

Q: Any other hobbies besides cars?
A: I like being creative, so I make all the fliers, logos, etc...for VMRC (Vintage Mazda Rotary Club). I designed our full print club shirts as well as the www.vintagemazda.com website, but it is now under construction.

Q: Anyone you'd like to thank?
A: I like to thank you and Rotary Car Club for the privilege of being car, err pickup of the month :-) I also like to thank Dennis and Omar for taking some really nice pictures of my REPU. Last but not least I like to thank the members of VMRC!

Thanks so much for your support and dedication to the rotary community!

Strength and Unity in the Rotary Community!!!!

Last edited by ZGN; 10-15-2010 at 08:40 AM..
ZGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
RotorDad
Big Ugly

RotorDad is on a distinguished road

That's a clean Repu, great pic for the Sept
2006 MazdaSpeed 6 - Eagle, Wiseco, Cobb, ect.
RotorDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
veloce
The Newbie

veloce is on a distinguished road
Default Original owner

Ken: The truck looks great!!!! I wondered if it was mine--the mirrors were the tip-off. Then I read your "history." The stripes add a lot--best of luck to you and Lance. Rick
veloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
FDDandata
The Newbie

FDDandata is on a distinguished road

man im not much of a truck guy, but thats definitely one i wouldn't mind owning
FDDandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
llRyOsUkEll
The Newbie

llRyOsUkEll is on a distinguished road

That is definately one sweet looking rotary truck