Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > Other Classified > Piston Engine Classified

Piston Engine Classified You have a V8 RX-7 you would like to sell? or Parts for V8 conversion?

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Ptotherice
Rotary Fan in Training

Ptotherice is on a distinguished road
Default 1986 BMW 325e, very low miles

So I came across this lovely car and got it as a project. Unfortunately now am in a dire need of money. Plus I need to do some work to my other new car. There isn't much of a story to this car that I know. My friend sold it to me when he moved and I was planning on using it as a track car. He had the same plans, but it never got to that point. There are some faults (see below) but all are easily fixable. My loss is your gain, let me know if you are interested.

The good:

-Car only has 69,000 miles on it (original).
-Car runs perfectly, driven it around the parking lot of the park a few times (nothing rough). It would be a perfect daily if I didn't have one already.
-It's an e30 BMW in really good mechanical condition, which is by far the hardest thing on a BMW to fix.
-Exterior isn't AWFUL, not great, but not awful.

The bad:

-Speedo doesn't work
-RPM gauge is about 500rpm off (both of these I think will be easy fixes, but I just don't have the time or money to get it done)
-Battery is completely shot. It won't even jump start, we had to roll start it, but it started up just fine.
-Passenger side window switch is missing, the wiring is there and could be wired up to a simple switch, just the OEM switch is gone.
-All interior from the seats back is missing (from the previous owner getting it ready for the track that it never saw).
-Shifter bushing is gone and the shifter has a hilarious amount of play in neutral, but every gear shifts very smooth and nothing grinds at all.
-Badly needs an exhaust manifold gasket. It leaks and makes it very loud.

Due to the extremely low miles I'm trying to get about $1,200 for the car. I'm negotiable, so don't be afraid to make an offer, just don't be retarded. The worst I can say is no. I MIGHT be open for a trade... but it's a loooong shot due to my money situation. Trades absolutely welcome would be:

S5 Coilovers (BC, Stance, something legit, not Godspeed, Megan, other crappy brands)

S5 2-way diff. (OS Giken, Kaaz, once again, something legit)

Very lightly built T2 engine (although this is still a long shot)

A nice car that runs and drives fine.

Any combination is welcome. Throw offers at me guys, I might be able to afford a little cash on my end if it's really worth while for me.

Title can be obtained (by me, I won't make you do it, just have to get it transferred to my name) but it will be easier to be sold without as a track-only car.

If you have ANY questions or want pictures (they are too big for craigslist) please, feel free to email or text/call me. Email: ptotherice at gmail dot com, Phone: 615-484-seven four four one. (Prefer text, but will answer calls after 1:30 p.m.)

Ptotherice is offline   Reply With Quote