Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Vendors and Group Buys > All Vendors > IR Performance

IR Performance www.myspace.com/rotaryexperimentseven (NJ) We work on any rotary cars

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

IR Performance is on a distinguished road
Default IRP HID Lighting Kits

We are offering an HID lighting kit. Most of the stuff on the market these days is eBay junk and hit or miss. Our kits will have the following features:

-True high and low beam from a single bulb.
This is accomplished with a movable lens. By using the same bulb element for high and low beams, the bulb is always energized and eliminates the initial warmup time resulting dim light output, which would cause issues when the high beams are flashed. This feature will be available for the stock light housings which accept an H4 dual element bulb. For aftermarket lights that utilize a separate bulb for high and low beams, I may make a relay and harness kit so that the low beams remain on when the high beams are activated.

-DOT approved
Our ballasts are DOT approved and clearly marked as such. This is still a gray area, as no HID retrofit is technically legal unless it features a housing designed to focus the light without excessive glare, and incorporates a self-leveling feature to avoid blinding oncoming traffic as the vehicle changes elevation with the road. However, with the lights properly aimed and the DOT markings, individuals should be able to avoid trouble with the law. My ballasts have an 18 month warranty.

-Manufactured in Japan
These are NOT low quality "eBay specials" made in a third world country by small children.

Right now I have 8000k bulbs, which are white with a slight blue tint. Any higher on the Kelvin scale, and you begin to lose visible light. I may have more bulb choices in the future. I already have a set in a test vehicle on the road for a few weeks and will be testing a set in my personal vehicle shortly. Here are some sneak pictures of the kit. Please excuse the quality. I took these today quickly.

Intro pricing will be $175 per kit plus shipping.

irperformance@live.com
732-662-1794
IR Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FinalHigh.jpg (31.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg FinalLow.jpg (37.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment1.jpg (31.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.aspx.jpg (29.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Bulb1.jpg (28.0 KB, 22 views)
irperformance@live.com
732-662-1794
Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
IR Performance
Rotary Fanatic

Here is some additional information directly from the manufacturer:

We have sent our kits thru and completed the required DOT testing. DOT compliance only means that the DOT Department of Transportation has inspected and approved our kits to be safe to install into your vehicle. This does not mean that they are street legal. To be street legal the kit has to conform to NHTSA approval which the kit is currently undergoing.

What sets this kit apart form others.

* Following NHTSA guidelines for reflector based HID lighting we have had the bulb sleeve designed to fulfill these requirements.
* Our kit also uses a DOT/NHTSA approved Phillips D series HID bulb designed for reflector housings.
* The bulb sleeve also has built in adjustments so that the user can fine tune the bulb position.
* Also our kit is a Bi-xenon style where as the bulb moves inside the bulb sleeve to change from hi to low beam, eliminating cold startups and hot starts going from hi to low.

We have been instructed by the NHTSA to package the kit with 6000K to 8000K series bulb due to the style bulb and housing sleeve we have. We choose the 8k bulb because we knew most people would want the bluish hue they are used to seeing with most OEM HID’s. Our Phillips rep has also explained to us that the 8k bulb we are using is more of a 6K then an 8K in output thus another reason we choose this particular bulb.

We can provide additional bulbs, Phillips, Osram, and others in other hues 4-12K for additional monies; however the bulb’s output will not be designed for the sleeve since the sleeve was designed for the 8k bulb. Of course this may be a mute point as I am not the engineer that worked on that part of the project.

From what I’ve been told OEM automakers use Phillips bulbs in their HID setups. 4K, 4.3K and 5K are the standard for Projector and 5.8K, 6K, and 8K are the standard for reflector.

Currently the kits fall into a gray area on some requirements however we are working thru this with the NHTSA.

We are only now offering the kit to help recoup some of our investment.

We do offer projector assemblies however they would have to be modified for your particular housing.
irperformance@live.com
732-662-1794