Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc...

Interior, Stereo, Body kits, etc... Place where you could talk about car care, body kits, painting your car, Carbon Fiber, Thumping Stereo, etc..

Old 03-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Roen
Evil Club Mod

Roen is on a distinguished road
Default Bride GIAS Low Max

Questions:

1. Do they fit in an FC in the Low Max configuration or do you need custom rails? Sitting in the 91 FC seats which are the lowest that I've found, my head still hits the sunroof with a helmet on.

2. Do they still have door trim issues with the FD when the seat is moved all the way back? Do you need custom door trim to get around this?

3. How's the fit for a taller person with a gut? I really hope I don't have to P90X to fit in these seats.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Prosport Gauges
Rotary Fanatic

Prosport Gauges is on a distinguished road

We have a set with the carbon back if you decide you want them. Brand new Taiwan version with reclining and sliding. $1,000 + shipping
Prosport Gauges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Roen
Evil Club Mod

Roen is on a distinguished road

I still need answers to my questions.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
RCCAZ 1
Rotary Fanatic

RCCAZ 1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Questions:

1. Do they fit in an FC in the Low Max configuration or do you need custom rails? Sitting in the 91 FC seats which are the lowest that I've found, my head still hits the sunroof with a helmet on.

2. Do they still have door trim issues with the FD when the seat is moved all the way back? Do you need custom door trim to get around this?

3. How's the fit for a taller person with a gut? I really hope I don't have to P90X to fit in these seats.
I have a set of original (carbon reclining versions) from Bride Japan. Can't speak to the FC, but in an FD they DO rub the door panel with the seats all the way back and slightly reclined. I'm 5'10 with a 32 inch inseam, so I can get by with the seat forward a few clicks. The main thing to worry about is your waist. Mine is 34 inch and it's very snug. If you are any wider you will be uncomfortable. Also, these seats are only rated for 175 lbs or less, which rules out most of us. I DO really like them, but to be quite honest, I thought they would be considerably lighter than my stock R1 seats. NOPE. Stock R1 seats are actually a pound or two lighter (each) than these with rails attached. Just an FYI!
RCCAZ 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
infernosg
IT'S ALIVE!

infernosg is on a distinguished road

Without doing any measurements and based on my experiences with the FC I'm going to say you'll still have helmet-sunroof clearance problems. I'm not very tall (5'-10") and I don't have a Bride seat (OMP WRC) but I still didn't have enough headroom with the OMP seat brackets at the lowest setting sitting directly on the stock seat mounting points (the lateral braces on the floor, not the stock sliders/brackets). I'm currently going through the process of cutting these mounts out and re-reinforcing the floor. This should buy me an extra ~1 of headroom.
infernosg is offline   Reply With Quote