Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n Last edited by proz07; 02-07-2010 at 08:59 AM..\r\n \r\n \r\n Reason: change title more info\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n proz07 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[73246] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 02-20-2009, 08:00 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n proz07\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n -The Angry Stig-
\r\nDGRR 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2013 - Best FC
\r\n
\r\nDEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!
\r\n
\r\n2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
\r\n2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
\r\n2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO\'s! So it begins
\r\n1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG\'s - Rotary Tow Vehicle
\r\n1988 \'Vert - In progress
\r\n1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nI\'m a sick individual, what\'s wrong with you?
\r\nI\'m pure Evil
\r\nI\'m still insane, in the best possible way.
\r\nI think Brian\'s idea of romance is using lube.
\r\nYour rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
\r\nYou win with your thread. Most everything
\r\nIt\'s a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact
\r\n
\r\nMotec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
\r\nNo Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno\'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
\r\n-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n TitaniumTT is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[98572] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #17\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n proz07\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
proz07
Needing a new tow rig.

proz07 is on a distinguished road
Default proz07 94 BB base rebuild and performance! AND I LIKE PICS!!!

Hey guys ive been debating if i wanted one of these but here goes.

technically this is my 3rd rx7 and 2nd FD "technically" ill show ya why.

i first had an FC that i traded to a friend straight up for a front end collision 93 FD that i was going to rebuild in my cheaper days unfortunatly after i was buying parts for it i realized how bad it really was and would never be more than a pieced together track car (the pan was rippled to the rear bins). ultimatly i didnt want that so i started searching for a roller or the like.

Found one in arizona so i had to ship but for a fantastic price i couldnt pass it up. The body straight, 131k on the clock, with a new mazda reman that "never started", new engine wiring harness, walbro fuel pump, act prolite flywheel w/ 6puck solid hub. all in all it sounded pretty nice. except the "never started" part with no compression on 2 faces of the front rotor.

Well once i got the car it was time to see what was really wrong with it. First things first compression test showed front rotor low compression on one face none on the other 2. Well maybe it sat awhile and an apex got stuck, so i let it sit with MMO overnight. Still nothing so next step was to start removing the stock twins to get a good look see at the apex seals and thats where i started to see what went wrong. First thing the primary turbo comp wheel was chewed to hell, so looks like something else is in order in that area. Well once the turbos were off and i could actually see the deal i found the front rotor apexs destroyed, so thats it for that engine time to start ripping it out. and thats were i found a bunch of shaddy maintenance that took place on this car to ultimatly lead to the death of a brand new reman.

I lost half my pictures somewhere but i got the engine out and tore down. It did look to be a new reman but looked like possibly a washer went through it or possibly detonated with the old crispy harness and thats why they got the new harness possibly but it was already blown? Thats my deduction from it though. In anycase i sourced a 0 mile rebuild that came with a bunch of acc parts turbos and a spare trans another fantastic deal so i got it. can never have too many extra parts.

So i started to build up the new block after verifying 6 good wooshs and free play of the apex seals. first off was to put on my XM oil pan. and then start swapping over all the lines, racks and solenoids to the new motor. the goal was to get it running on the stock twins in sequential and start modding from there. The way i looked at it i could end up with a money pit that i wont get to drive for years while i finish it OR I can keep it simple stupid for now and get crazy later all the while enjoying the car. i went with the later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (194.9 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0469.jpg (167.0 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0476.jpg (152.4 KB, 344 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0610.jpg (102.9 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0637.jpg (163.2 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by proz07; 02-07-2010 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: change title more info
proz07 is offline   Reply With Quote