Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Introduction > Introduce yourself!!

Introduce yourself!! Tell me something about you and your history with rotary..

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
Max_S
The Newbie

Max_S is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from across the pond

Hi everyone!

I've liked the rotary for a while (in a large part due to it's unconventional nature), but never really saw a Rotary car "within reach" anytime soon.
What recently came into reach, realistically, was a Datsun S30 (240/260Z), with the idea being a "restomod" (old shell, less old internals).
Looking for an engine I like and that has any chance of being road-legal in the S30 I kept coming back to "what about a rotary?"
Compact, relatively light, low down and far back, and also not something you find all over the place.

It'll probably take a year before I can start wrenching, partly due to the ridiculously strict regulations Germany puts on (modified) cars and their road-legal status.
So I try to use that time to learn more about the "rotary stuff", since I know relatively little.
The biggest problem being that I'm still looking for a source for engines, the German market is tiny and expensive, and searching craigslist state-by-state takes forever.
I keep eyeing the 20B, but I think in the end I'll most likely stick with a 13B (fuel injected, hopefully turbo).
In part because the 13B having been sold in Germany will make registering it/getting approval a lot easier/cheaper.

So...in short, total newcomer here, so please forgive me for a stupid question or two.
And for sticking a Mazda-engine in a non-Mazda car^^

Max
Max_S is offline   Reply With Quote