Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n \'90 GTUs
\r\nStay up to date with my photography
\r\n\'06 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
\r\n\'10 Toyota Prius
\r\n
\r\n"Initial Success or Total Failure"\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n project86 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[329221] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 04-25-2016, 10:17 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n project86\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n \'90 GTUs
\r\n\'10 Toyota Prius
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n project86 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[329366] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 04-27-2016, 07:13 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #17\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n project86\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n \'90 GTUs
\r\n\'10 Toyota Prius
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n project86 is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[329522] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 05-02-2016, 07:28 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #32\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n project86\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
project86
Can't.Make.Up.My.Mind.

project86 is on a distinguished road
Default I'm Back! '90 GTUs

So a few months ago I sold my 86 Base. I put quite a bit of work into that car but it was just time for it to go. Since then I've been looking pretty hard for another project and a couple weeks ago I found the GTUs. As much as I didnt want another red FC I made an exception because of what it is.

The interior is pretty clean but its missing the factory radio and came with a garbage Sony head unit that i took out on the drive It obviously has some rattles and squeaks that ill go through an find.

The body is mostly straight. It does have a baseball size dent in the driver fender and some hail looking damage on the roof and hood. Paint is faded on the mirrors and the rear bumper pretty badly. But I'm not so worried about that at this point. The only really disappointing thing is that it doesn't have the TII wheels on it right now. The guy i bought it from says they are in storage because they had rotted tires on them but he will meet me in a couple weeks to deliver them.

Mechanically it seems fine so far. I has a reman engine in it that i was told has around 30k on it. I drove the car all the way from Greenville, SC back home (Murfreesboro, TN) and didnt have any issues. I guess we did have one scare. I was in 5th and accelerated a bit and it cut power 2 times. That was about 200 miles into the trip and it never happened again. Once we got close to home i was a little harder on it and it has plenty of power and pulls nicely. One annoying thing was that the exhaust seems thrown together... it feels like its rattling pretty bad under the car and its unnecessarily loud. So that will be one of the first things to go.

Also i noticed that it shudders a bit in 1st gear. Im not really sure what thats about but it seems like its revving/accel fine in all the other gears.

A coolant flush is also on the list of things to do immediately. I checked the overflow tank this morning and it looks pretty dirty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_3034.JPG (140.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_3035.JPG (118.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_3036.JPG (95.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_3037.JPG (162.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_3038.JPG (175.6 KB, 23 views)

'10 Toyota Prius

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
project86 is offline   Reply With Quote