Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Piston Engine Conversion

Piston Engine Conversion Have you replaced your rotary with a V8 or any other type of piston engine? Tell us about it!

Welcome to Rotary Car Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n 82 300d
\r\n82 Gsl
\r\n84 b2200 Diesel
\r\n88 gxl\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n Last edited by 12arotary; 05-07-2011 at 07:46 PM..\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n 12arotary is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[146059] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 04-07-2011, 07:41 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n djmtsu\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n 82 300d
\r\n82 Gsl
\r\n84 b2200 Diesel
\r\n88 gxl\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n Last edited by 12arotary; 05-24-2011 at 03:16 PM..\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n 12arotary is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[150058] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 05-28-2011, 12:36 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #17\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n 12arotary\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n 82 300d
\r\n82 Gsl
\r\n84 b2200 Diesel
\r\n88 gxl\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n 12arotary is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[181305] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 02-08-2012, 11:47 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #32\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n 12arotary\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
12arotary
tumor-syphilis-itis-osis

12arotary is on a distinguished road
Default 82 gsl Diesel swapped

I've been working on this a while. Some people hate it, some people like it, but everyone asks why

It's a 1982 GSL with a 2.2 4cyl Perkins diesel engine out of a mazda b2200 pick up truck that I had bought to fix my b2200's bad trans. The guy i bought the truck from made me buy the whole thing, because of that i then had a spare engine and with my gsl being engine-less at the time the two just went together. Aerodynamic rx7+ durable efficient diesel, seems like a pretty good combo and then add in free fuel and i couldn't say no

This is the engine mated to a 12a trans, Mazda is awesome and the trans bellhousings engine side are the only difference- completely bolts together no modification.

Here's the car

Engine mounts-

mounted in

Two tank veggie oil system using a 12 gallon fuel cell.

Diesel in the regular tank and this surge tank with float switch to keep air out of the lines.

S4 Turbo on, I'm sticking with stock s4 waste-gate spring that way i do not need any sort of boost fuel enrichment as simply turning up the injection pump a little bit does the trick. Since i will be running in surplus air my efficiency should go up a lot,

This is as far as i am currently, I have a hood... that i cut a big hole into due to the height of the engine , a cowl will eventually go on because right now it just looks ridiculous I still have to install my fuel heat exchanger, plumb the intercooler and pipe, finish the exhaust and i'm good to go-

88 gxl

Last edited by 12arotary; 05-07-2011 at 07:46 PM..
12arotary is offline   Reply With Quote