Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Multimedia > Rotary Of The Month Contest > Winner's Circle

Winner's Circle Rotary Car Club Of The Month Member Rides!

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n __________________
\r\n Kevin \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n Last edited by ZGN; 11-06-2010 at 08:49 AM..\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n ZGN is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[131659] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 11-06-2010, 09:10 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Buggy\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n hIGGI is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[132003] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 11-10-2010, 09:55 AM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #17\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n RETed\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
ZGN
I fly drones & film crap.

ZGN is on a distinguished road
Default Oct, 2010 B3R RCC Car of the Month

Congrats to Notnauto / Kristy, for being October Rotary Car of the month.
this car was selected at the Blue Ridge Rotary Run B3R October 23-24, 2010

1986 pre-production stock FC RX-7

Q: Congratulations for being our October Ride of the Month! Tell us about how you acquired this car?
A: Thank you! I saw this car over 7 years ago at Jim Downing’s shop. I had to have it. I bugged him about selling it with no luck. Finally a year ago the car went up for sale. I had no money (of course). The buyer that was interested dragged is feet long enough that the stars aligned for me and I bought it.

Q: How did you first become interested in rotary cars? Have you had any previously?
A: Like mother, like daughter. My mom bought her first RX-7 in 89, An 88 GXL. She took me on a test ride, spun it around in a very tight parking lot and then I was hooked. I owned an 89 Vert before this.

Q: Whats the biggest reason you chose a rotary powered car to modify?
A: No modification to this car. I will be keeping it stock until something needs replaced.

Q: Is this car your daily driver? Do you participate in any form of racing? (Drag, Auto-X, etc)
A: This is my daily driver for now.

Q: What do you enjoy most about your car?
A: The looks. I’m a FC lover. I like this one even more with the finish line kit.

Q: Do you have any future plans for the car, or any car?
A: Hopefully to keep it in the garage more. Since it only has 21K on it. I want to keep that low for as long as possible.

Q: Anyone you'd like to thank?
A: Everybody in the rotary community. I was out of the loop for awhile and forgot how much I missed not only the car but the people too.

The story behind the pre-production. (As much as I know about it) This car was given to Mazda N.A. by Mazda Japan for testing, publicity, etc. When the factory was done with the car it was to be given to Dave Jolly (a factory Mazda racer) to be turned into a racecar. Dave never did race it. Since he lived in California he also was not able to put it on the street. He sat on it till 2001. He then sold it to Jim Downing with only 15,000 miles on it. Jim was able to title and tag it in GA. When I bought the car it had 17,000 miles and about 1,000 of those were from my mom who drove it to deals gap the year before. What exactly happened to it while in Mazda and Dave’s possession, I have not gotten the story yet.
serial #JMZFC*******00006
B3R October 23-24, 2010
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-7-engine-October-2010.jpg
Views:	7216
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	9163   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-7-Right-side-October-2010.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	9164   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-7-interior-October-2010.jpg
Views:	1209
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	9162   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-7-October-2010.jpg
Views:	7288
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9161   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx-7-left-rear-October-2010.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	9165  

Last edited by ZGN; 11-06-2010 at 08:49 AM..
ZGN is offline   Reply With Quote