Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Carburetors and Carb Tuning..

Carburetors and Carb Tuning.. All info about old school carb set ups..

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
one320fc
one Apex @ a time
 
one320fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Culpeper VA
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 11
one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default Nikki Question

So I have the Nikki apart working a rebuild and took the inlets of to find a set screens/filters not sure what they would be considered. Do I need to replace these? My rebuild kit did not have these in it. Thanks!

2012-01-12_18-53-15_584.jpg






__________________
1983 Limited Edition SOLD
1977 Mazda REPU I will work on it one day I sware!!
1987 T2 um after the repu is done??
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
one320fc
one Apex @ a time
 
one320fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Culpeper VA
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 11
one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default

Nobody have an answer to this?? I want to put my nikki back together...
__________________
1983 Limited Edition SOLD
1977 Mazda REPU I will work on it one day I sware!!
1987 T2 um after the repu is done??
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
12arotary
tumor-syphilis-itis-osis
 
12arotary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 190
Rep Power: 11
12arotary is on a distinguished road
Default

If you are talking about the screen right at fuel inlet pipe, right on the outside of the carb on the side facing the distributor when its in the car i have always just cleaned those out and reused them
__________________
82 300d
82 Gsl
84 b2200 Diesel
88 gxl
12arotary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #4
heavyarms89
The Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
heavyarms89 is on a distinguished road
Default

i was told from a very reliable source if you are using a good inline filter then the screens are not needed. also where did you get your rebuild kit and how much did you pay for it.
heavyarms89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
one320fc
one Apex @ a time
 
one320fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Culpeper VA
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 11
one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default

A buddy of mine works at a local auto parts store, I got it for 35.00 after tax
__________________
1983 Limited Edition SOLD
1977 Mazda REPU I will work on it one day I sware!!
1987 T2 um after the repu is done??
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Rich@SR
SR Race Engineering
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Loxahatchee, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 7
Rich@SR is on a distinguished road
Default

No kit that i'm aware of come with the screens and in my opinion it's ok to not replace them if you have an inline filter. Otherwise just clean the old ones in some parts cleaner and put them back in. Also my personal choice is the GP Sorenson kit from autozone. Compaired to other kits I've purchased... some twice the price... it's the best one. Just make sure you get the one that comes with the check balls, it's like 3 bucks more.
Rich@SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
one320fc
one Apex @ a time
 
one320fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Culpeper VA
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 11
one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@SR View Post
No kit that i'm aware of come with the screens and in my opinion it's ok to not replace them if you have an inline filter. Otherwise just clean the old ones in some parts cleaner and put them back in. Also my personal choice is the GP Sorenson kit from autozone. Compaired to other kits I've purchased... some twice the price... it's the best one. Just make sure you get the one that comes with the check balls, it's like 3 bucks more.
yea I would like to have a filter at the carb, any chance on getting the info on the Jegs unit on your carb? Not looking for any trade secrets but looks pretty good!
__________________
1983 Limited Edition SOLD
1977 Mazda REPU I will work on it one day I sware!!
1987 T2 um after the repu is done??
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Rich@SR
SR Race Engineering
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Loxahatchee, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 7
Rich@SR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one320fc View Post
yea I would like to have a filter at the carb, any chance on getting the info on the Jegs unit on your carb? Not looking for any trade secrets but looks pretty good!
Hey no sweat, not looking to keep trade secrets. I'm happy to share info. My setup uses a 6 AN fitting which I welded onto the stock fuel hard line at the carb.

Mine:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15034/10002/-1

If you don't want to convert to AN fittings you can use this with stock line setup:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15042/10002/-1

Both models utilize a replaceable screen inside for convenience.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15045/10002/-1
Rich@SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
one320fc
one Apex @ a time
 
one320fc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Culpeper VA
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 11
one320fc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@SR View Post
Hey no sweat, not looking to keep trade secrets. I'm happy to share info. My setup uses a 6 AN fitting which I welded onto the stock fuel hard line at the carb.

Mine:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15034/10002/-1

If you don't want to convert to AN fittings you can use this with stock line setup:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15042/10002/-1

Both models utilize a replaceable screen inside for convenience.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...15045/10002/-1
Thanks for all the info! if my cash flow wasnt a issue I would just be sending you my carb!
Should be trying to put the carb back together this weekend, need to look the carb over real good no check balls came out during tear down and I have new ones that came with my re-build kit..
__________________
1983 Limited Edition SOLD
1977 Mazda REPU I will work on it one day I sware!!
1987 T2 um after the repu is done??
2013 Chrysler 200 DD
2009 Dodge Journey
94 Volvo 850 N/A The slowest car I have EVER owned!!!
one320fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
Rich@SR
SR Race Engineering
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Loxahatchee, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 81
Rep Power: 7
Rich@SR is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one320fc View Post
Thanks for all the info! if my cash flow wasnt a issue I would just be sending you my carb!
Should be trying to put the carb back together this weekend, need to look the carb over real good no check balls came out during tear down and I have new ones that came with my re-build kit..
Hey no sweat, I also offer a machining package for all you DIY'ers who don't have access to a lathe and what not. That way you can still have an SR Nikki, just have to assemble it yourself.
Rich@SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #11
Pink Monster
The Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Pink Monster is on a distinguished road
Default Nikki carb jetting

Hi all if any one can assist me please I'm from South Africa I need the jetting sizes on n 12A full street port engine its an old 79 model engine if possible can someone email me thenads747@gmail.com thanks

Regards
Wynand AKA Pink monster
Pink Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted by www.GotPlacement.com
Ad Management by RedTyger