Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Classifieds > 3rd Gen Classified > 3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale

3rd Gen RX-7 Cars For Sale Buy or Sell your Car only!! No Parts!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default 1993 Black RX7 - NEW Paint, Engine, Interior, A/C - Tons of quality parts

The ONLY reason I am selling is because I am moving overseas to Europe. I absolutely LOVE this car, and do not want to sell it, but I have an opportunity I need to take over there.

As you will see, in just the past 6 months i have invested a lot of money in new parts and paint etc because I thought I was staying here in the US, but plans change, and someone is going to get the benefit of all my work

This car has everything already upgraded and ready to go single, or just enjoy the max potential of the stock twins.

Derrick at Advanced Race Technology has done 90% of the work on my car, and has been taking care of it for the past 4 years. Feel free to call him and ask about the quality of the car, he knows it in-and-out.

Mileage approx ~118k, will update as I drive.
Base model w/ no sunroof (lightest body), was originally an auto, but first owner who had the car most of its life had mazda convert to 5spd around 40k.


EXTERIOR
--------------
NEW brilliant black paint, proper paint job with all dents removed, emblems removed etc, finished just a few months ago, cost $4k
Feed burnout front bumper
Feed side skirts
NEW front windshield and moulding (not due to any accident, truck kicked up a rock that chipped original)
Aluminum door handles (oem plastic ones break often)
Great quality tint, not sure how dark, but it's pretty dark
Fenders rolled for tire clearance


INTERIOR
--------------
Interior panels at the shop all currently being refinished (will post pics when finished) will look like new!
NEW A/C compressor, new condenser coil, new o-rings, re-conditioned drier and fresh charge R-134 converted. A/C blows as good and cold, needs nothing
NEW Red Corbeau A4 seats (fits my 36" waist easily and very comfy)
NEW Custom mounted red Speedhut 10k Tach with built-in 5 LED progressive shift light in factory location
B&M short shifter
Sony MP3 headunit (ipod slides inside the unit to keep it hidden and out of the way)
replaced speakers all around
Banzai racing PFC commander mount
Side pillar triple gauge pod, currently has water temp and boost, 3rd spot empty


RELIABILITY
--------------
Pettit Aluminum AST
Koyo Radiator
Coolant flushed and coolant hoses replaced
Braille Lightweight AGM Racing battery
Rich mans non-sequential conversion w/ ported wastegate
Fuel filter replaced less than 10k ago
Redline fluids in tranny and rear diff less than 8k ago


WHEELS, BRAKES, SUSPENSION
--------------
(all of the following installed March '12, less than 5k miles on all of it)
Stock replacement rotors all around
EBC Red stuff pads all around
BC Racing fully adjustable coilovers
Stainless steel brake lines
ATE Super Blue fluid
Hankook V12 Evo tires
215/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear
XXR 521 gold wheels 18x8.5 +25 front , 18x10 +25 rear


ENGINE
--------------
NEW RC Engineering flowed/tested 1300cc secondary injectors
NEW Walboro 400lph pump (awesome and quiet)
NEW RC Engineering Big Bore throttlebody
NEW Greddy Profec2 boost control
Greddy SMIC
Greddy intake elbow
Apexi PowerFC , original style commander (not the fancy new colorful one)
K&N intakes
3" downpipe
3" Magnaflow midpipe
Racing Beat dual tip exhaust
HKS Twin Power
Xcessive urethane motor mounts (firmer than stock, but you get used to it after a few days, holds engine in place better)

NEW re-built streetported engine by Advanced Race Technology (currently being installed, will post numbers after break-in period)
Previous stock-port engine dyno'd 332rwhp at 14lbs in 90* florida heat… new engine will make a lot more

WHY would I install a new engine in a car I am selling?
Because of my bad luck and dumb mistake
I was just about to list the car for sale a month ago when I was cruising through my neighborhood and one of the coil-packs for the rear rotor failed. I didn't know it was the coil pack at the time, so I had tried starting it a bunch of times while changing things like plugs and wires etc to find out why there was no spark. After replacing the coil pack, I had spark again, but I found that all the fuel flooding the rotor with no spark had washed out the seals, compression was down to 70 on the rear. Initially I ordered a JDM motor to swap in quickly to sell the car, but after being ripped off by Japan2LA, I decided to just have Derrick at A.R.T pull my engine and do a proper full rebuild so the car is fresh and ready for her new owner.


THE BAD
--------------
1- Transmission was the last thing on my list to rebuild. As usual, the 5th gear syncro is totally worn out, and the 1-2 syncro is fairly notchy as well, but still plenty drivable. New owner can rebuild with stronger syncros, or swap in a low mileage JDM unit for under $350, whatever you prefer.
I have an ACT Street/Strip clutch with only 9k miles on it that I will include with the car for when you rebuild the tranny
2- Radio antenna goes up, but doesn't go down without pushing it by hand. I only listen to iPod in the car so I never used it anyway, never bothered to fix.
3- The feed front bumper has a small crack in lip, will post photo later. Quoted $200-250 by bodyshop to fix, I don't have time to deal with it.



As you can see… I've put easily over $15k into this car just this year alone, as I mentioned before I planned to keep this car for a long time.

90% of this car is either NEW or like-new…. I feel like I'm practically giving it away, but I don't have time to wait around for what it's really worth.

I'm asking only $17,900 for a quick sale, since I'm leaving the country soon.

*edit * PRICE DROP TO $16,500 i am out of the country permanently now and would like to get this sold.

New engine and interior should be finished within a week or two, then I'll add photos of the interior













__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."

Last edited by TheRoadWarrior; 03-31-2013 at 04:55 AM..
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
drag_on
The Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: everywhere
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
drag_on is on a distinguished road
Default

nice whip bro and something that i've been looking for but then i wouldnt be back for couple months either.. so if your still around when i come back stateside i'll come and check it out and we could talk something out
drag_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

thanks! hopefully its sold by then since im leaving before the end of the year
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
drag_on
The Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: everywhere
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 0
drag_on is on a distinguished road
Default

oh, well im not schedule to come back until late jan to early feb bro..
drag_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag_on View Post
oh, well im not schedule to come back until late jan to early feb bro..
ah bummer... well goodluck in your hunt when you get home!
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

Just found out I got a shot published in Modified Mag and on their website as well, for the DGRR coverage.





__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

interior done, being reassembled this week.... open to reasonable offers
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
DougC
/_\
 
DougC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
DougC is on a distinguished road
Default

I wish you the best of luck selling it, If i had that money i would gladly take it off your hands!
__________________
2005 Sunlight Silver Automatic
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
I wish you the best of luck selling it, If i had that money i would gladly take it off your hands!
thanks!
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

all PM's replied, thanks
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

just went by the shop today theyre slammed with work and behind on getting mine finished, but atleast i know its being done correctly. engine should be dropped in tomorrow or weds.

interior parts looks nice and fresh, being re-installed now also.

will take some pics for you guys asap, thanks for all the kind PMs and posts... im going to miss this car so bad!
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

allllllllmost done....its like torture waiting for a shop to finish your car lol...but at least i know its being done correctly and not being rushed.
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

well, finally got the car back!
it took a lot longer than expected, but it turned out very well.... someone is going to get a hell of a nice car for cheap

UPDATES

rebuild is complete with full street port, and Peter Farrell Supercars housings (thanks to AllRotor93) and full Atkins Cyro-treated rebuild kit ($$$!!!)

Im putting the breakin mileage on it now, then will have it tuned soon.... this thing should put down some very nice numbers.

also, this is a plus for the prospective buyer, since the new Feed front already has a small crack in it, im going to include the original OEM front bumper with blacked out signals and R1 lip (all together worth about $350-$450), so if you don't like the Feed front end, you can swap back to the original and sell the Feed (and make a profit)

as promised, here are the interior pics (valentine1 not included with the car)




__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #14
UnfairAdvantage
The Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
UnfairAdvantage is on a distinguished road
Default

pm sent
UnfairAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #15
TheRoadWarrior
MasterShake
 
TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
TheRoadWarrior is on a distinguished road
Default

replied
__________________
93 RX7 Twin Turbo Brilliant Black
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
TheRoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted by www.GotPlacement.com
Ad Management by RedTyger