Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92)

RX-7 2nd Gen Specific (1986-92) RX-7 1986-92 Discussion including performance modifications and technical support sections.

Old 05-12-2020, 02:41 AM   #1
joemaddox
Hooked For Life!

joemaddox is on a distinguished road
Cool The Official Mazda RX7 GTUs Owners Club Thread

Register Here:
https://www.nopistons.com/2nd-genera...-thread-79482/

Ever heard of the 1/100 non restamped 89/90 GTUs rx7s? There was only 1100 GTUs models created between 1989 and 1991 and only 100 of them did not get an X through the firewall.
These 100 Non restamped models are the rarest rx7 fc's ever produced.
out of that 100 made there were only three color options:
83 red on black
10 black on black
7 white on blue
There is a list that has been going on the RX7Club for over 17 years now that shows almost everyone of the hard to find 100 rare models. So far there are only 41 of the cars that have been found!

I am Number 41. My build thread has my car well cataloged and I will be placing my vin on the list here as well, however this list I am putting my name on here is over two years old and the last person who posted on it was the admin of the club who just started the 1500 10th AE Turbo II model thread.

So that has me making a new thread for 2020, one that will show what is still around today. There are only 100 of these models that are not restamped and do not have an X through the firewall and so far in the last 20 years there has only been 41 of them found around the entire world!

So this has me asking the question, how many are there left? If there was only 43 of them found, how many of those 43 still exist? How many of those vin numbers still exist today?

This is not a thread to argue how they came to be or what they came with, this is a VIN registry thread. If you have or know of the GTUs and can show that it is alive please post up!

How do you know you have a GTUs??? There are many rumors to how they came to be. Here are a couple facts that will assure you have one:
The vin number will be non turbo, but the inner door tags will show it as a turbo. Only the turbo cars came with 16inch rims, these tags are reserved only for them, the GTUs has that door tag with a non turbo vin. Other parts include a 4:30 differential, different gearing to the steering rack and transmission, turbo seats, no sunroof. Some say they were promo cars to be 20b na's, some say just turbo cars, some say they just threw **** together and called it a rx7. Fact is the VIN and the door tags will let you know, the other parts will assure how unmolested it is!

So lets start the list of what GTUs cars still exist in 2020:

Here is my 1989 1/100 non restamped GTUs.

Last edited by joemaddox; 05-24-2020 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: Fixed the stupid mods crap
joemaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:23 AM   #2
RETed
RCC Addict

RETed will become famous soon enough

I've cut down the extra fluff that is really unnecessary to the content of the intention of the post.
I've added the bold points to emphasize that the original poster's intentions were of such.

I really don't care these things exist.
They seem to be a hang-up for the North American market and whose owners seem to pride on these things.
Most of the world only cares about turbo models...for obvious reasons.

Personally, the restrike VIN implies that chassis was originally destined for a Turbo II model.

None of this is official unless Mazda corporate says it's so, so up until now, they have disavowed any of the stories that have popped up surrounding this "mystique."

I find it funny that the largest thread out there is on a...
Supra forum.

-Ted
http://fc3spro.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
because you're only as good as your backup
RETed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
joemaddox
Hooked For Life!

I fixed the crap you posted on my thread, because of your ignorant and bias stance against me... That aside, everything you said is wrong and I have proven my case thoroughly. If this site had a decent format you would be able to get a thread showing it like I did in the links.

I also think you are retarded (thus your name here) for saying that the supra thread has the most views when I have topped 7k views on the mazda forum linked in the post above.

Your opinions about peoples cares and that you do not, is also bullshit and everyone knows it lmfao! Thanks for spouting off and looking jelly and foolish.

I wonder which retard you are, Robert? I will put money you either are a soldier or a computer tech I offended and this is just you ringing it out here.

Well, enjoy. I made my case and there is not jack shit you can do about it. I am used to arguing facts against stupid people like you, there are people that think the earth is flat, that you are in denial of facts is not shocking. Thanks for playing!
Old 05-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #4
joemaddox
Hooked For Life!

Just like with classic domestic cars, the value of a car is not the popularity but the rarity. The joy of these cars is that to date there has been a confirmed 41 released by mazda that are confirmed by mazda to be the GTUs non restamped. That there was only 100 of these cars released, in time like the BMW M3 lightweight editions that only made 100, they will be worth the same in price.

Turbo is for fan bois, the real enthusiasts look for the rare and collectible cars. I would love to know who still has them and the conditions. So aside from the mods nonsense, is there anyone here who has one of these rare models?
Old 05-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #5
chibikougan
⊙⊙

chibikougan will become famous soon enough

😂
and we are all a part of the same compost pile.
chibikougan is offline   Reply With Quote