Rotary Car Club

Rotary Car Club (http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_forum/index.php)
-   Show your rotary car build up. (http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Whizbang's Rally Car v3.0! (http://rotarycarclub.com/rotary_forum/showthread.php?t=17836)

Whizbang 11-15-2013 10:18 AM

Whizbang's Rally Car v3.0! The SABCD
 
Now with more SA! and more roll cage!

1979! Cage was logbooked through Rally America in 2011. Never raced.

The kirky seat is just a roll around seat until i make the proper mounts. Game plan is make the turret mounts for rear suspension, upper link boxes for the four link, seat mounts, plug the sunroof, then paint the inner up.

Obviously, there is much to do. FC front suspension, toyota 8" rear axle w/ four link / panhard. Haven't settled on an engine yet.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps24bd4eab.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psb91215b6.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psc244cfe4.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps758030f9.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2fc8dda.jpg

GySgtFrank 11-17-2013 12:47 AM

That looks like a really stout cage. You planning on running in a faster class or staying where you were running? With all the legendary tracks out there, do plan to do any track racing?

banzaitoyota 11-17-2013 08:05 AM

"like"

Whizbang 11-17-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GySgtFrank (Post 267157)
That looks like a really stout cage. You planning on running in a faster class or staying where you were running? With all the legendary tracks out there, do plan to do any track racing?

same class (Group 2). Basically my old car was "grandfathered" since it was hella old. but any newer builds have to be up to date for the cage standards, which basically results in this jungle gym in the Rx-7.

I might take it to a track day or two for giggles. I can swap out the suspension for something more suited.

Whizbang 11-17-2013 09:23 PM

by the way, Group 2 for the rotary means "non ported" engine. Group 5 is where you find anything NA and greater than 3.0L adjusted displacement, or forcefully induced (or both). Ported rotaries just get pushed into it.

my friends Integra is a group 2 car (which we are racing this weekend in Az. woot). Its a Honda ITR engine making like 193 whp or some crap. So that is the kind of competition car wise i have to deal with.

and thus i am considering the 13B-MSP since Rx-8 stuff is hella cheap and with stock whatnot, i can make ABOUT that same power level.

GySgtFrank 11-18-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whizbang (Post 267207)
by the way, Group 2 for the rotary means "non ported" engine. Group 5 is where you find anything NA and greater than 3.0L adjusted displacement, or forcefully induced (or both). Ported rotaries just get pushed into it.

my friends Integra is a group 2 car (which we are racing this weekend in Az. woot). Its a Honda ITR engine making like 193 whp or some crap. So that is the kind of competition car wise i have to deal with.

and thus i am considering the 13B-MSP since Rx-8 stuff is hella cheap and with stock whatnot, i can make ABOUT that same power level.

Why not Mazda's 2.5 or 3.0 V6 (if the 3.0 squeaks under the rules)? The 3.0 was rated at 232hp and the things are hella cheap. The V6 would allow you to keep the engine behind the front wheels for weight distribution and they're all aluminum so fairly light. The new series V6s are even lighter and stronger, but I would imagine more costly to get hold of.

Whizbang 11-18-2013 09:44 AM

i would but they basically have no good transmission options, as well as, the rotary just being simple and small.

if i go V6 it would probably be a 350Z

Whizbang 11-27-2013 02:32 PM

Brought the Toyota 8" axles and housing. EVERY 3rd member was gone. But this will let me get the axle housing done up for the four link and the axles machined.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b7917fc.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psd135cfbe.jpg

Whizbang 01-21-2014 12:18 AM

car is home! time to sort out the parts and get rolling

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6993f506.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psf9f04096.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps44e58c2e.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psf47f2700.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psc91502fa.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3bc4ccfd.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8c7e0cd8.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psd0cdd236.jpg

Whizbang 01-26-2014 08:53 PM

stripped down and ready for all kinds of more work

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps13069e0d.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps794164e9.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psd4692048.jpg

Whizbang 02-11-2014 08:15 PM

Order camber plates so i stop tearing out the rubber from OE mounts. Also orders the wider ZG flares for the car.

I toss and turned on using mariah mode 1 widebody components to make a pseudo Group B look but the costs just plain deter me from doing it. And then factor that rally breaks things.

I AM getting the Group C wing though damn it.

GySgtFrank 02-12-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whizbang (Post 275551)
Order camber plates so i stop tearing out the rubber from OE mounts. Also orders the wider ZG flares for the car.

I toss and turned on using mariah mode 1 widebody components to make a pseudo Group B look but the costs just plain deter me from doing it. And then factor that rally breaks things.

I AM getting the Group C wing though damn it.

Smart move. Breaking stuff gets expensive. Racing is expensive. :lol:

Whizbang 02-14-2014 12:35 AM

pics of the various things!

new OMP HTE seat.

Cut a big fucking hole in the floor pan for seat mounting reasons.

subframe is installed!

my 40mm inverted bilsteins, and T3 camber plates (hopefully they work out)

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23f1c482.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...pscb4dccc8.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3ee836cb.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...psd9f392c0.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9f9b54fb.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...pscc147ae3.jpg

Whizbang 03-20-2014 01:11 PM

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74289085.jpg

Whizbang 03-21-2014 12:29 AM

any idea how to go about making something like this? modding the factory LCA to something that isn't a rubbery binding mess.

http://dp04094399.lolipop.jp/diary/img/20040612-3.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted by www.GotPlacement.com
Ad Management by RedTyger